cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi this thread has now been escalated and this thread is now being looked into, we will keep you updated on this. Thanks The Nowtv Team 

Spacedeck
Scholar

@Anonymous User NOW TV Team

And the issue with the chirp / distortion when using the Black box?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Spacedeck

Yes everything in the Thread has now been escalated to our Tech team who are currently looking into this for us : )

Spacedeck
Scholar

Hey @Anonymous User, any news on if they have managed to reproduce the issue and are working on a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Spacedeck wrote:

Hey @Anonymous User, any news on if they have managed to reproduce the issue and are working on a fix?

@Spacedeck

HI There, sorry about this I havnt got an update for you guys yet, but I will escalate it off again for a further update 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To follow on from some of the others contributing to this issue, I really just wanted to note my experiences of this 'sound screech'...... although it is good to see that it is now being looked at.

I am also watching via the Black Now TV Box and started getting this 'screech' a few weeks ago, however, it really only ever happened once every few Catch-up episodes that I watched, so not as bothersome as some were finding it, but in recent times it has started to become a bit more frequent, and not only with Catch-Up as I have now experienced it on Live TV.  In the last few days I have experienced this 'screech' on the last two Live Thronecast episodes and also on Catch-Up with 'GoT' S7-E3 and on the 'The Americans' S5-E8..... and also once while Live watching Sky Sports News.

It is not a sound I have experienced while watching my TV Tuner, Youview Box, DVD/Blu-ray....... only with the Now TV App (I also watch a lot of the Youtube App and it has never happened there).

Again, I really just wanted to highlight my similar experiences as others have posted about on this topic and although (for me) it really is more of an annoyance than ruining the watch, that might start to change if the frequency of the issue continued to increase........ hopefully now that it is being looked at an answer may be on the horizon???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also to contribute my experiences with this issue.

This has been happening through my Now TV boxes for ages.

I've just replicated the screeching during The Secret LIfe of Pets mentioned earlier in this thread.

I have a new black Now TV box (replacing an old white one) and a new TV, delivered today - I had thought the screeching may have been linked to the old NOW box or old tv (which wasn't that old) which died on Tuesday, but clearly not. The screeching sound which had been happening with the old white box and my old tv, and then with the new black box and the old tv is now happenng with the new black box and the new tv. I'm quite glad to finally have a bit of an explanation. 

Has there been any progess with solving this issue? 

thanks

K

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glitches in the data stream received by your playback device can result in 'squeekes and screeches' (audio drop-outs). Anyone who has a DAB radio experiences these all the time Smiley Surprised 

If your playback device is connected via WiFi you need to make sure that it's connected to a 5GHz frequency band/channel, not a 2.4GHz frequency band/channel.

And every now and again you should re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

Many thanks for your post on this....... I do have my Black Now TV box connected via wifi, so this gives me some things to look at.

On the flip side, would it then help to possibly avoid these 'squeeks and screeches' if I was able to connect my box via ethernet cable instead of wifi???

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Further to my earlier post in this thread, I would like to point out that these squeaks and squawks always happen when I am watching either Family Guy, American Dad and/or Archer, which are all cartoons.

BTW, I have a Roku 3 connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, I also note that this strange sound does not happen when using other channel/apps, such as iPlayer, My 5, etc.

So judging from other reports in this thread, as well as my own, this is definitely a Now TV problem.

I would also guess that this problem occurs with flat screen TV's with their modern "space-saving" speakers but I have no direct evidence for this, i.e. not viewed these cartoons while using other speakers.

UK Bob