cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOW TV???

WHY IS THIS  STILL HAPPENING NOW TV???????

213 REPLIES 213
lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User @Tony-D i very much doubt it has anything to do with me being on bt infinity and my bt hub being to balme as i have a relative at university who is using a small black box on a wired connection and they are having the same issue also and they are not on bt.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmatt wrote:

@Anonymous User @Tony-D i very much doubt it has anything to do with me being on bt infinity and my bt hub being to balme as i have a relative at university who is using a small black box on a wired connection and they are having the same issue also and they are not on bt.

It was just a thought today as I know a lot of people stick with their isp supplied routers/hubs. Personally I don't like the restrictions they bring with them and of course the ability of you isp to change router/hub settings overnight without your knowledge.

It's just something else to rule in or out as NowTV attempt to fix the issues some of you guys are unfortunately still experiencing.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@lockmatt wrote:

@Anonymous User @lockmatt I get that guys, it was just a way of finding specific instances where this is happening. I'm just givign back all this data to our dev teams so they can pin point the issue and get it sorted.

ken242
Expert

there are lot off now techncal  tv teams  sign to different job on here but we do not know who working on this issue and my bt this working fine here it not bt i been on few forum who got the same issue and i no lot for members are not all with bt some there are  more forum about this issue there 3 more 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally I wasn't thinking exclusively of BT customers. I was more into thinking that maybe those with the locked down routers/hubs supplied by their isp provider could possibly have been the cause, especially as your provider can change your settings unknown to you when they log into your router/hub at night. I'm only trying to eliminate scenarios that may not have been considered by anyone else up until now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not an ISP issue, it's the non-functional software Sky is using to "protect" the stream, Cisco VideoGuard, combined with an ancient software platform for the video itself made by Sky. The break ups mostly seem to originate from lag caused by the Cisco software whenever it's checking things which I'd pressume is the integrity of the copy protection. That combined with a terrible media container choice by Sky means the stream basically dies and restarts. This is all on Sky's side, not on any ISP or Windows.

Netflix can offer 4k HDR with Dolby Digital sound on the broadband I have, Sky can't even provide stable 720p with low bitrate sound.

lockmatt
Expert 2

picture break up still occuring while watching fulham v derby on main event channel this evening,any news on a fix @Tony-D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D I'm also getting the coloured lines issue with the latest software update (8.0.3 (4218)) on the Black Box connected via Wi-Fi on EE Fibre Plus if that helps. Watching Barcelona vs Villarreal on Sky Sports Mix. Last happened about 5 minutes before I sent this message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched Brighton v Man Utd last night and the buffering and pixalated picture quality was atrocious. Then today it was the same during Stoke v Palace. I have fibre and have absolutely no problems with anything else in my house, just the Now TV box. I can't get any kind of response from the non-existent customer service and find the whole set-up extemely unprofessional. 

ken242
Expert

Now I’m getting message coming up saying something is not quite right what’s going on here