cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

I have just tried to watch BBC on the Now box nd tried all my watched programmes and all i keep getting is a "purple screen with unavailable content "

whats that all about, any one know?

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User often that is a HDMI issue. Try changing port on TV if you can or using new lead.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I rebooted my NOW box which cleared the problem nothing to do with my HDMI cable, but thanks for the feedback.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I rebooted my NOW box which cleared the problem nothing to do with my HDMI cable, but thanks for the feedback.

@Anonymous User

It might be a HDMI cable related.

The reason i say this, is that i bought a new TV back at Christmas and when i swapped my existing NowTV black box and the same HDMI cable from my old TV, i had an intermittent Purple or Blank screen on the new television.

Disconnected / reconnected and swapped HDMI ports on the new TV with the same HDMI cable that worked flawlessly on my older TV.

A reset on the NowTV box rectified it for a while, but the same fault would sometimes reappear again.

After about three resets on the NowTV box, i decided to change the HDMI cable (even though the cable worked perfectly on my older TV with the same NowTV box).

Since using a different HDMI cable the NowTV box has been working fine without any purple or blank screen issues.

Hopefully, the purple or blank screen will not happen again on your TV, if it does reappear in the future and you get sick of rebooting your NowTV device, then possibly try a different HDMI cable (it worked for me).

IMO, the above proves to me that sometimes HDMI cables can be sensitive to different devices or televisions even though the HDMI cable worked perfectly on a different TV that you may have used previously in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I had a spate of purple screens a while back when using Roku LT ( on which NowTV white box is based)

I fitted a better hdmi cable and never had problem again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're interested there's already a topic about this issue here: HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working...

Cheers