cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothings working

Been trying to catch up on Ncis la all day. Picture quality is the worst. But it takes ages to load, keeps buffering and then just stops. Internet connection is excellent, gave restarted the box, checked for updates, but it still won't play. Any other suggestions?? Really getting annoyed with poor quality pictures, and terrestrial catch up channels not working on now tv
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you confirm the make and model of device you're using to access and play NOW TV content? Along with how it's connected to the internet?

A couple of days ago I used my NOW TV 'smart' box to play Ep2 S14 of NCIS (on Fox) and it worked and looked perfectly fine...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes it's a black now tv box. And it's connected wirelessly to the WiFi
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, yes it's a black now tv box. And it's connected wirelessly to the WiFi

Hi Ally,

Have you tried this step yet?

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Or has it gotten better since your last post?

Thanks

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it's got worse. I can't watch anything live on now tv. It plays for about 30 secs, then buffers, then plays another 30 secs and buffers. Tried watching something on iPlayer 8 mins of programme took 20 mins to watch, as it just kept buffering. Really getting fed up with the constant issues
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
No it's got worse. I can't watch anything live on now tv. It plays for about 30 secs, then buffers, then plays another 30 secs and buffers. Tried watching something on iPlayer 8 mins of programme took 20 mins to watch, as it just kept buffering. Really getting fed up with the constant issues

@Anonymous User

Hi

Have you tried the steps @Tony-D has mentioned?

Could you also try checking for updates it is similar steps

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all of these options. Software is up to date. It's on automatic. Reset the box and the WiFi router . And still can't watch anything live or on catch up, just buffers every few seconds.