cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Response from emails

I have been emailing Customer Services and the complaint team and they have not responded. In summary my Now TV box stopped functioning one month after warranty. The refuse to look at it. The sale of act states my box is covered for six years. Is it time to involve trading standards.

32 REPLIES 32
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  that's bad you did not yet get a response to your email.  In the meantime perhaps us fellow customers on here can help you trouble shoot your problem.   

Firstly exactly what is wrong with your box and what have you tried to get in working again?  

What passes do you currently subscribe to?  There may be deals that help save you a bit of money and get you a new box.

Regarding legislation:  I had a similar issue to you with a different company.  The current legislation which applies is

The Consumer Rights Act 2015  As with the Sales of Goods Act goods have to be of reasonable quality for a reasonable time.  The problem you have is burden of proof.   In the first 6 months of ownership the onus is on the company to prove the goods were fine at time of sale.  After that the onus is on customers to prove that the goods were not fine at time of sale. Also whilst there  is a legislative limit this applies to all goods.   Therefore courts can argue whether you would reasonable expect expect goods to last for that long.   I was advised of this by my local trading standards.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The box has failed after 13 months. It was only used once. My circumstances changed and I went to set up the box and it failed to switch on. There is no light to the box at all.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  do you have other batteries you can try in the remote?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The remote has nothing to do with the issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

Where did you purchase your NOW TV device from?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A now TV stand
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @4268

Guys

I think M is saying that he has had the box for 13 months but only used it once, I believe most of us know that small electrical equipment tend to fail when taken out of their packaging and not regularly used.

This has probably happened to M's box, an imperceptible build up of moisture inside the device thanks to our climate.

UK Bob

PS. I don't believe such failures are covered by any guarantees after 12 months.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
A now TV stand

Interesting... What's the vendor name is on the receipt?

Is it a 'white' NOW TV box or a 'back' one?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

It was an official Now TV stand. I don't have the receipt to hand.

Kind regards

Mark