cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New episode notification and history

It would be nice if the personal watch list would have an indicator showing if there is a new episode and how many unwatched episodes you've got left.

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Agreed, a little star indicator or something for new episodes available and a little numerical symbol for number of episodes waiting would be good.

Youre probably already aware but if you do have new episodes of a show you are watching waiting, then the next episode will appear in the Continue Watching section of My TV along with the number of days left to watch if it is leaving soon.

Would be good to see how many episodes are queued up there as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That there "continue watching" tab is another story. It needs fixing, too. It constantly shows old episodes for me or just not the series I'm currently watching... 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Shows that you start and abandon should drop off after a few weeks but there's been quite a few calls to be able to manually delete entries. There are ways of making them disappear but they all involve unnecessary effort and wouldn't work for catch-up so I agree it still needs work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know they eventually "drop off". That's not the issue. The issue is, it often recommends continuing somewhere in the middle of an earlier episode than the latest one I've watched. Which obviously is annoying.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't have that issue with Continue Watching myself, so you might want to post what device you have problems with in case the NOW TV team want to look into it further.

Also make sure when you stop watching an episode to back out gracefully eg press the back button to return to the menu rather than the home button to quit the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm watching on an Intel based desktop PC, with Windows 10 Professional, and on a Microsoft Surface 3 tablet also running Windows 10 Professional.

On another note: Yeah I know, the Surface 3 tablet is right on the limit capable of showing Now TV with it's poorly optimised software but, it works most of the times. The bad software optimisation is something I really hope Sky is looking into. It does affect the player and general Windows experince even on a hogher performing PC. causing stuttering and freezes in certain moments.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team and hopefully next time he's on he'll pass that on to be looked at.