cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NCIS Season 15 Episode 21/23 - Missing Content

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Using my Now TV Stick I have just been watching the catch-up episode 21 of 23 NCIS season 15...... and unfortunately there seems to be some content missing from the episode.

When you see this episode in the season list it says 40mins (it is 40:46 long).... and other episodes in the season are 41 or 42mins, although that doesn't always mean the worst, but on this occasion there is some missing content.  When you get to the point 31:20 the screen suddenly goes black (as folk are still talking) and then after a couple of seconds delay the Fox Ad-Break trail kicks in, but when you come back from the ad-break the show makes mention of some action that we didn't see......it is obvious that some content was missing at that point where the screen went blank, possibly 30sec or 1mins worth???

Hence, could Now TV please investigate this episode as it does appear to have significant content missing.  I'm sure once the missing bits are added the overall episode length would be more normal.

Also, it is worrying in recent weeks that this is not the first issue with catch-up content from Fox that has bits missing.... the one I've outlined above..... I also posted two weeks ago about an episode of Bull that stopped early (which now seems to have been fixed) and although not one I watched I'm sure others posted recently to the forum about an episode of Deep State that had content missing from catch-up.  More than one instance of content missing from the end of an episode and now during it!!!!  (also, I'm sure the live showings of these shows don't have missing bits).

I'm not too sure if this would be a Fox issue or Now TVs fault.... I'd be more inclined to think it's the problem of what Fox are giving to Now TV, BUT can Now TV please make sure that Fox aren't giving you episodes with missing content as it does now seem to be more than just a one-off.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hello, thank you for flagging this issue. I've had a look and I can replicate the issue you're having. I have raised this with our technical teams who will investigate. 

I've made them aware of the other issues you've mentioned and they will look into the root cause. 

I'll update here when its fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the reply in relation to NCIS season 15 episode 21.

Just going back if it helps, it was Bull season 2 episode 18 that had content missing from the very end (this I see is now fixed) and checking the forum others talked about Deep State season 1 episode 2 missing content from the end (I don't watch this one so not sure if fixed but I'd guess it will be).

After I had issues with the end of the Bull episode and also knowing about the Deep State episode stopping early, I started fast-forwarding through all the Fox catch-up shows I watch and stopping just a few seconds from the end to make sure the credits rolled and we had got to the end..... I then watched through on the second go 'knowing' it was all there.  And just my luck the content then goes missing from the middle of a show!!!!!  I don't think I can work around that!!!!

Who knows if there are other examples out there with Fox catch-up shows that no one has really spotted, but more than a one-off is a bit worrying.

Thanks again for the help.