cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple Issues. Catch Up on NowTV, and Programs not playing.

At least since the upgrade to the firmware 8.x.x, and maybe a little bit before there have been growing issues with the Entertainment/Catch Up section.  It does not show the episodes in the order that they were broadcast, and sometimes the list does not even update from day to day, even when I know episodes have been shown.  Occassionally if I scroll down a number of "pages" I occassionally see some of the updated  programs.  As I type this it is still showing Westworld S2 e9 and Supergirl S3 e22 as the top two items, where both series have finished, westworld this week ... so surely it should be further down the list.  This instability has grown worse over time ... and a factory reset has not solved the problem.  Deleting my account and re-installing it on the box did not help either.

Also as of Monday this week.  Programs have been refusing to play, well, at least the latest episodes ... Elementary ... which eventually played, but still American Chopper won't.

Is there a way to do a complete reset just of the app.  Or something stronger than the "Factory Reset" on the box?  Not that I think it will help, but you never know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is there a way to do a complete reset just of the app.  Or something stronger than the "Factory Reset" on the box?  Not that I think it will help, but you never know.

@Anonymous User Nope there isn't, although it wouldn't help anyway. All these issues are on the NOW TV back-end and so reinstalling the app etc won't make any difference, it still pulls down exactly the same info. Unfortunately it's a case of waiting for NOW TV to sort things out - the catch-up section has always been flaky at best and I don't bother using it personally. I'd suggest any shows you like to follow add them to your watchlist and access from there, or new episodes should feed into the Continue Watching section (under My TV) so you can play new episodes from there instead (although they can take a few hours to appear in that section). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User Nope there isn't, although it wouldn't help anyway. All these issues are on the NOW TV back-end and so reinstalling the app etc won't make any difference, it still pulls down exactly the same info. Unfortunately it's a case of waiting for NOW TV to sort things out - the catch-up section has always been flaky at best and I don't bother using it personally. I'd suggest any shows you like to follow add them to your watchlist and access from there, or new episodes should feed into the Continue Watching section (under My TV) so you can play new episodes from there instead (although they can take a few hours to appear in that section). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the advice.  I do at items to my favourites, but the system does not always tell me when there is a new episode for one of the favourites.  It doesn't happen too often though, but I use the "Catch Up" feature to double check, and to see if there is anything new (new to me), that could be worth watching.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this problem has been going on for weeks i have done the factory reset twice ive tried everything  so come on now tv look after your customers and get this sorted before i cancel !!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this problem has been going on for weeks i have done the factory reset twice ive tried everything  so come on now tv look after your customers and get this sorted before i cancel !!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I don't know if this was by accident or design, but the Catch Up list is better, and I have had no issues with episodes that I have being watching ... to date at least.

Cheers.