cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing Episodes- Quarry

I have watched Quarry -all 8 episodes on NTV - now this morning the last 6 have gone - they were all there for weeks but why now remove the final 6?

Why does this hapen?

21 REPLIES 21
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If the season you're viewing is the newest season, then their 'catch-up' episodes usually expire 30 days after their original 'live' broadcast date, due to pre-arranged agreements with their copyright holders (much like they do with BBC iPlayer). Meaning if the earlier episodes are not listed, they've exceeded their 30 day limit and have gone!

The full series could re-appear at some time, either as 'live' streams and/or as 'catch-up' streams but only if a new agreement deal is negotiated. Or before the next new series begins (if there is one)...

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

Quarry started airing on Sky Atlantic December 21st and each episode is added after it airs on Sky Atlantic, so episode 3 should be added next Wednesday night. I'm not sure why the whole boxset isn't there as it seems to have been added on December 21st the same as Sky Boxsets - it's possible it was a mistake and has been amended. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We started watching Quarry last night,

The expiry date was March so we watched 3 episodes in a row (there were 8 advertised)  as there were no films we fancied to watch.

We were thinking we have plenty of time to watch the remainder this week being holiday period but as we were tired  we reluctantly went to bed after episode 3

Sat down to start watching the remaining episodes today and only 2 available.

I cannot find a way to contact NowTv to query directly. Very disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The system is showing episode 3 will be added on Wednesday, which coincides with the episode being shown live on Sky Atlantic (unlike the boxset the live channel is only up to episode 2 this week) so it appears the boxset has disappeared and been replaced with catch-up episodes instead, although I don't know if this is a mistake or deliberate change on the part of NOW TV. I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team to make him aware and hopefully it will be looked into.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I cannot find a way to contact NowTv to query directly. Very disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Anonymous User,

As @Andy has already mentioned, each episode is being 'live streamed/broadcast' on a weekly basis via Sky Atlantic. The episodes are not available as a 'box set' on the NOW TV service.

@Anonymous User next episode (episode 3) will be live streamed/broadcast via Sky Atlantic on Wed 04 Jan 2017 @ 21:00

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

SeeMoreDigital wrote 

As @Andy has already mentioned, each episode is being 'live streamed/broadcast' on a weekly basis via Sky Atlantic. The episodes are not available as a 'box set' on the NOW TV service.

@SeeMoreDigital that's not quite accurate. The boxset did get added on 21st, the same as on Sky, but it's now disappeared. Whether that is due to a mistake, or maybe it wasn't supposed to be on NOW TV in the first place I'm not sure. It's still up as a boxset on Sky.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital that's not quite accurate. The boxset did get added on 21st, the same as on Sky, but it's now disappeared. Whether that is due to a mistake, or maybe it wasn't supposed to be on NOW TV in the first place I'm not sure. It's still up as a boxset on Sky.

Well, mistakes do happen...

The Sky service does indeed like to offer complete 'box sets'. Wasn't both The Young Pope and Billions available as a complete box-set via the Sky service but not via the NOW TV service? Which led to a bit of confusion 😉

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital Not sure tbh neither of those shows I follow. Good move on Sky's part when they can negotiate it though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply but all 8 episodes were available yesterday until March 2017 and as we watched the first 3 and now only 2 are available something must have happened.

To be honest I am finding now tv a little disappointing. It was bad enough the general to over Christmas but I expected to find some good programmes and films on nowtv and there wasn't really anything new in films hence turning to box sets.
We found something we liked and then found this morning that it is no longer available.

Disappointing