cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WARNING: Cannot watch anything and cannot speak to ANYONE!

Just a heads up to those wanting to watch on a mac. 

Save yourself hours of frustration and trying to deal with a company that makes it incredibly hard to actually get help! Just wait until the box set comes out, it will cost about the same anyway.

The 'NowTV Player' is absolutely rubbish.

I would like a full refund of my subscription as I have not watched anything because the Player does not work! I have followed loads of 'broken' topics and tried many solutions. Just the shear amount of problems people are having should make NowTV step up the game and sort out something properly, instead of leaving their paying customers to spend endless amounts of their time navigating forum posts and contradicting "solutions"

Can something please just answer 'why do we have to watch on NowTV Player, what happened to Microsoft Silverlight?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

For security reasons, all 'account' related issues including refunds are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Just-so-you-know... Microsoft's 'Silverlight' plug-in is no longer actively supported by Microsoft and by most browsers.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After just spending a lot of time writing a complaint it was taken down. Very unprofessional and does not reflect well on you NowTV! I will be updating to TrustPilot etc if this happens again.

I managed to sign up fine, my card was billed. Its interesting how your payment collection is top quality yet you seem to be lagging behind in video streaming and customer service by 10 years.

Please can someone provide a solution for watching GoT without having to use this abominable 'NowTV Player'?

I am using a Mac version 10.12.5. I can download the player fine but when I click on a GoT video it opens the player and just shows the spinning circles. No title, nothing else. Does not load. 

I am sick of trawling through post after post, complaint after complaint and not beening able to speak to anyone?!

If this is not possible and you cannot get it to work, could I please have a refund of my subscription fee seeing as I have not been able to watch one second of any video yet?

Thanks for you assistance.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... Information on how to obtain a refund has been given to you in your other topic here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/WARNING-Cannot-watch-anything-and-cannot-speak-to-ANYONE/m-p/433881

The NOW TV media streaming (side of the) service is a fully 'online service' which offers help to its customers via Live Chat, via Send Enquiry or via this Help Forum (by forum members, along with a comprehensive range of Help Centre articles). And as such, there is no verbal form of communication...

And this forum also offers a dedicated Mac OS sub-section...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot access either option! The live chat does not even have a link and the link to ' Send us a message' does not work. Really not impressed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And also, how much time does this all take!? 

They're happy to set up these time saving methods for them, and it is at the expense of us -  the consumers - our time and energy is obviously worthless in the eyes of NowTV

I will not stop until this is resolved and I can either watch GoT without spending ridiculous amounts of time having to write multiple posts in different places.

Thanks again

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sadly some people do have more problems accessing the NOW TV service than others. Personally speaking, I can't help you with your Mac associated problems. But others within the dedicated Mac OS sub-section of the forum might.

Cheers

Geluk
Expert 2

Fortuntately for thousands of us, all works well.

Just tried "Send us message" link and it works fine, as does CHAT.

Could be your browser; try an alternative, and turn off pop up blocker

for NOWTV's www.

As others have said you have to use ONLINE to communicate;

you need to try harder rather than spouting off here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Geluk because you know exactly how hard I've tried I'm sure 🙂 I'd love that crystal ball you use man!

FYI: I have tried browsers: safari, chrome, firefox, and epic.... none work. I have also tried incognito windows, turning off all applications such as ad block, ghostery etc.

My "spouting off" is a result of trying everything I could and still not getting any closer. 

Don'y try and cover up NowTV's incompatence by blaming other peoples efforts without even being wise to what they have tried. Your obviously very young or just pretty ignorant. Good day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would give up if you want to watch it on a Mac. An iOS device or Apple TV works fine but the Mac software is unusable, buffers even on a 100mbps connection, sound cuts out, etc. Been like it since they launched the software.