Not applicable

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver series 5 episode 24 missing from now tv

Last Week Tonight  with John Oliver series 5 episode 24 missing from now tv

Can you let me know when it will be available

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I was wondering the same thing-super eager to watch this episode! It's the main  reason for keeping my subscription.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I chatted with customer service and they said the broadcasting team decides when to release. Hope they don't do this with GOT. My guess is they want us to check out more content as Sky Atlantic customers can download 24 and 25. Thinking about writing ofcom as I understood we had access to skyatlantic content shortly after it aired.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

As it's produced close to broadcast, John Oliver will sometimes be delayed arriving on catch-up if something needs to be edited out for UK broadcast.

Usually it would be parliamentary footage, which  can't be shown in entertainment programmes in the UK. I don't know if this is the case this time. It would be difficult to find out, unless they do what they did last time and replace the footage with something else.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would make sense...except that looking at the forum, there are LOADS of missing episodes from a whole range of shows - most of which I don't watch - but I do watch this and Elementary, both of which are missing their latest episodes (I posted a separate thread about that)

I do wonder if there's either a technical issue or a new policy...I wish someone from Sky/NowTV would answer though!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for trying but... That would make sense.... Except it doesn't. Firstly Parliament not in session so using footage from a few months ago would be basically unnecessary (certainly without preparing an international version in advance). Secondly it was actually aired on Sky yesterday so any edited version would already exist!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I second the other users. This has happened with the Daily Show too. I understand this is a low cost service and so imagine Now TV is now trying to generate more revenue or marketing leads, i.e. our show isn't on so we watch something else instead or I go to another source and find it it on iTunes,Netflix or Amazon or even better, a Sky subscription. How does the business model work? Can someone from Now TV answer this? I've seen it happen with the KidsTV content a lot and I have ended up buying stuff on iTunes. How are our choices shared with third partners or is Now TV just hoping we'll get frustrated and switch to full paying Sky? I signed up for access to SkyAtlantic content but am not receiving it as advertised, please can someone from Now TV give a more informed answer- perhaps from the mysterious Broadcasting Team that my customer service rep mentioned? Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, the LWT pe. 25 was dedicated entirely to the Kavanaugh hearing so not parliament. Thank you for responding but could we please have more detail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto - along with Elementary.  Is there a reason new episodes of programmes from this week aren't being added?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes all the this as above. Even worse it showed up in my "Continue Watching" with last week's episode not the new one. Effectively it'll now be Wednesday night at best before I can watch a show that aired on a Sunday in the US (and Monday here) - for something that is so topical and often hard to avoid the highlights of when it's at its best and goes "viral" this is basically useless. This makes the case for finding a version to stream online without paying or a pointless subscription!