cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone else experiencing the live ITV streams stopping after about 10 minutes?

Never had a problem before, but seems to affect all their live streams.

Only way to restart is go back and select again.

using a new smart box, not tried any other.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

has anyone any suggestions why my live tv works on my tv for every channel apart from itv hub. it starts off ok then slows down then stops???

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

First things first... Can you please confirm the device you're using to access the NOW TV service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

player is installed on the NowTV Black Cox; wired connection to FritzBox-Cable 220MB;

adverts ALWAYS play OK but programs often fail or are continually buffering.

Reboot router / reboot the nowtv box / re-install the ITV app :- nothing solves the problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Im using my tv.thank you
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know.... The ITV Hub app on your Samsung 'smart' television is not provided by NOW TV. So there's nothing that NOW TV can do!

If you are having problems with the ITV Hub app I guess you could try uninstalling and re-installing it. Your TV's 'user manual' should provide information about how to do this.

By the way... What's the model number of your Samsung 'smart' television?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its a small black box i have . its not installed in the tv thanks x

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

its a small black box i have . its not installed in the tv thanks x

Hi @Anonymous User,

In that case... As you can see your new topic has been moved out of the 'Samsung TV' sub-section and into the forums dedicated 'live tv wont work on itv hub' topic... 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't bring myself to read through all 40 pages and didn't see an answer in the first or last 3! 

We have the same issue as OP in barely being able to find any content on ITVPlayer through NowTV. We have resorted to plugging our computer into the tv to watch ITVPlayer through the website instead, which is definitely not what we're paying for! It's very frustrating when there are constant adverts about of the first two seasons of Love Island being available on the player but we can't access any through NowTV. 

Has anyone come up with a solution or have NowTV/ITV given anyone an answer on whats going on?

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It's a good point, this thread has become full up with all different issues to do with ITV Hub and it makes it difficult to find what you are looking for, the ITV Hub isn't the best designed app on the box, have a look at this explanation and hopefully it answers your question. If not you can always post back.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/ITV-Hub-player-on-NOW-TV-boxes-can-t-find-shows-or-missing/m-p/436601#M10175