cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User ITV Player isn't allowed to show ITV1 content in the STV or UTV regions as those companies have their own apps. However as they don't have one for NOW TV, your best bet is a little white lie regarding your postcode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to watch last weeks towie on itv player on the now tv box, but they only have yesterday's. It says 30 day catch up on the description but it's not coming up. But I X a watch it on the app on my iPad... How does that work.....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User start yesterdays episode and once the adverts have finished playing hit pause. You'll now see all the other episodes from the last 30 days along the bottom. No idea why ITV still insist on doing it this way as we've been complaining for some time now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Thankyou so much! That's really helped me out!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my itv player i am unable to watch itv programmes. I have itv2 itv3 itv4 etc. Is this normal?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean you can't play them, or you can't see them listed at all?

If it's the latter it's probably because you are located in Scotland or Northern Ireland, where you need to use UTV or STV Players instead (but these aren't available on the NOW TV box).

However if you open up the ITV Hub in your box, click * to go to settings and choose the Location setting you can change the postcode to an England one (any you find off Google should do) and then ITV1 programmes should appear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

vampire diaries and pretty little liars should be added to now tv as these are popular tvshows

Legend 5
Legend 5
Now only have box sets related to the entertainment channels plus for some reason ITV. I noticed ITV2 has/is/will show Vampire Diaries, it may be worth looking on their hub. There is one on the box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

You won't find Vampire Diaries on the ITV Hub app on the box, as ITV dont have rights for that, but you can watch it as catchup on the desktop/laptop website when episodes are available.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

You won't find Vampire Diaries on the ITV Hub app on the box, as ITV dont have rights for that, but you can watch it as catchup on the desktop/laptop website when episodes are available.

Hi @Anonymous User @Andy @4268

The vampire diaries is also available on ITV hub through Youview, virgin media and sky TV is far as I'm aware vampire diaries isn't available on any other platforms, not even freeview play.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.