cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Encore Closure

If NOW TV Team know this but itv encore is closing in Spring 2018 and content moving to On Demand
12 REPLIES 12
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Interesting news! Look like Sky will still get the boxsets so I imagine it will stay on NOW TV as well, but it gives other services like Virgin an opportunity to offer it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't say I'm surprised. The channel was not only struggling with regards to ratings, it also had been filled with repeat programming from the likes of ITV and ITV3. Much of it would fit better on the latter channel. 

Its future was in doubt for several months - even on the Sky service, the encryption was intermittently removed for a few periods in the summer. 

However, much of the on-demand content is apparently staying on Sky, so there's a good chance that it could stay on NOW TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had just spotted the story about ITV Encore on the website a516digital before checking this forum and although I don't really watch it that much, my first thought on seeing the headline was 'will I still be able to watch The Americans' ???

It has got to be one of the best shows out there at the moment and I'm sure a lot of folk on this forum watch it as well...... so it's good to read that Sky will still have access to ITV Encore dramas and hopefully that does mean Now TV will be showing the sixth and final season of The Americans via its boxsets at some point in 2018?????  Fingers crossed.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

my first thought on seeing the headline was 'will I still be able to watch The Americans' ???

That was my first thought too.  I'm assuming that the final run of The Americans will be available in some form.  Ideally episode-by-episode soon after the US broadcast, rather than waiting for the whole lot as a boxset.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I think when ITV Encore closes in Spring 2018 we will get SYFY Channel which due to launch in 2018
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, it was noted quite a while ago that SYFY channel would be coming to Now TV in 2018 and it could be that this does appear round about the time ITV Encore leaves...... but this new SYFY channel in 2018 might be seen by some as a replacement for other channels that have left Now TV previously, so now we are also going to lose ITV Encore as a channel, it might be time that the Now TV platform gives us more new channels over and above SYFY??????

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

So it's doing a BBC Three then. 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

for Drama  think Universal channel would be a good replacement

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Everyone,

Just noticed in My Account > Messages that the Live ITV Encore channel has been confirmed leaving the NowTV live entertainment channels service on the 1st of May 2018.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-entertainment-month-pass-update