cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I’ve had problem with ITV hub for couple of weeks.  When I scroll down to CHANNELS to watch live programming there is nothing to tell you what is on – it just shows the ITV channel icons.  If I click on the ITV channel of choice anyway, I get the WATCH LIVE ITV section and all the ITV channel icons but still the current programme description is not showing.  The NEXT programme has the description however which doesn’t help as I want to know what is on now.

I have updated the box software, even though it said I had the most recent;  rebooted the modem but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I’ve had problem with ITV hub for couple of weeks. 

When I scroll down to CHANNELS to watch live programming there is nothing to tell you what is on – it just shows the ITV channel icons.  If I click on the ITV channel of choice anyway, I get the WATCH LIVE ITV section and all the ITV channel icons but still the current programme description is not showing.  The NEXT programme has the description however which doesn’t help as I want to know what is on now.

I have updated the box software, even though it said I had the most recent;  rebooted the modem but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just so you know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, Youtube etc.

The design of their UI's, the content they offer, their delivery systems for each distribution platform including playback device types is entirely controlled by the individual service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, i am aware of that but it has been working perfectly for a long time.  This is a new problem and obviously not right so just wondering if anyone else had the same problem or is it just me?  Or is there anything I can do to get it back to working properly again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

These UK catch-up apps are strange...

From time to time both ITV Hub and All4 act very oddly on my Panasonic TV but remain perfectly okay on my webOS based LG TV and vice-versa.

And quite often, even though I have 'favourite' shows stored in both ITV Hub and All4, they're not available across all my devices. And I have to switch rooms in order to access and view them... It's a pain!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Funnily enough the live option on my LG TV has disappeared and I only have catch up programmes now.  Perhaps my house is haunted?  lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem, updated the software etc and it's still not working!!! Does anyone know how to fix this issue as it's driving me mad. When I'm watching live programmes also the screen freezes but I can still hear the sound??? Very odd!!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi is anyone else having issues when trying to watch itv2 live? The picture pics freezing whilst the sound continues. It's as if it buffering but I am very fortunate to have a very fast broadband connection. I've tried altering the bitrate but nothing has helped????? Any suggestions?
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User are you trying to watch ITV2 via the itv hub or are you using the smart box. If it is via the TV guide on the smart box your internet speed is irrelevant. You could even switch it off and the freeview will work.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.