cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had to give my card details to add a voucher. Not happy with this.

My entertainment pass had run out so I got one from Argos and went to put the code in...but couldn't do it without adding my payment card details! So not happy with this but there was no other option.

Now I've added the voucher code and it's telling me I'll get 3 months 'free' then they'll charge me £6.99 a month.

I have no intention of paying them £6.99 a month and this is not a FREE OFFER becasue I just paid for the pass myself!!

What the hell is going on?

It's asking me to click to accept the 'offer'. Hmm. If I put a note in my calender to cancel before this pass expires, can they still go ahead and charge me?

I'm moving soon and intend to move to SKY as I'm fed up with all the glitches on Now. Don't want to get trapped by them 'now'.(ironically) Any advice please?

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you have to have a card on the account to use it. This is a subscription service for which you can get vouchers. When you sign up you are signing up for an ongoing service until you cancel. If you don't cancel in time you will get charged. However you can cancel today ignoring all attempts to get you to stay. You will get an email confirmation of the cancellation but still be able to watch until the 3 months is up. I am guessing that previously that you were a yearly combo customer?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I've always used 3 month passes but just had a brain blip and forgot how to do it! Ended up doing it online and giving my card details.

Now the weird thing is I've gone to use the NOW TV app and it won't let me. Maybe the voucher code isn't unlocked or something? But the message on the NOW website said I have 3 months free tv..confused.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It sounds like you might have added your new code to a different account by mistake. On your NOW TV app  go to the My Account screen there to check the username matches with the username you signed in with on the website when you entered your code.

If they don't you can sign out and sign back in with the correct username.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Take care, I've been charged several times through my bank account even though I have purchased a full years worth of vouchers for both Cinema and Entertainment.

However you can not load them all at once you must load them one at a time as each one expires.

Most of the amounts I have had taken from my bank account have been refunded after contacting NOWTV several times. 

It would appear that if you miss the exact moment the voucher runs out you are immediately charged through your bank account and you find out when you get your bank statement even though you have already put in the code for a new voucher. 
This means you are using your voucher and payment though your bank charges at the same time.

Explained my situation several times to NOWTV but have still not found a solution even with numerous conversations with NOWTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Charles97.

I've put a reminder on my phone so I cancel before the 3 months expires. I know it's not a massive amount of money but I've had so many glitches with NOW I'm thinking of going elsewhere anyway when I move house. Good to hear they refunded you at least.