cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch Game of Thrones® on NOW TV

6 42 152K

Game of Thrones® is coming back and, as ever, nobody’s safe.

If you haven’t seen any of it, you can start now, with all six seasons now available. That should give you plenty of time to get stuck into the action before the start of Season 7 on 17 July

got4.jpg

Once you’ve caught up with all of it and you know more than Jon Snow (he knows nothing, so you have a pretty unfair advantage there), you can start looking forward to the big date: 17 July.

As usual, you’ll be able to enjoy the episodes live at 2am when they air in the US, or you can just wait for the UK premiere at 9pm.
Or if you feel a bit cheeky, you’ll find the brand new episode on Catch Up during the day of the UK premiere!

So yes, you can stay up till 2am and watch it live. Or get up mega early on Monday and watch it on Catch Up before work. Or watch it in your lunch break. Or under your desk on your iPad (not that we encourage that sort of behaviour… *wink wink*). Or watch it when you get home after work and then knock on your neighbours’ door who are watching it live from 9pm and tell them what’s about to happen…

But let’s be honest, that would be kind of a Joffrey thing to do.

got3.jpg

Here’s your 2017 Game Of Thrones® viewing schedule:

From 1 May:

Watch Seasons 1 - 6 on Box Set until 31 July

Mondays from 17 July:

2am:

Watch the new Season 7 episode live (and never worry about spoilers from your American friends ever again!) on Sky Atlantic

From 3am:

Watch the new Season 7 episode on Catch Up

9pm:

Watch the new episode live on Sky Atlantic

Brace yourself with a NOW TV Entertainment Pass now, because the night is dark and full of spoilers:

Labels (2)
42 Comments
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

YAY!!!! You know it's time to get excited when NOW TV start posting How to watch GoT episode blogs! Looking forward to watching season 5 again to get into the mood, Team Dany Unite!

image.jpeg

Steve2334
Contributor 5

Awesome, cant wait!

0 Likes
skidpro

I cannot for the life of me find this and othert channels on the app on you view...just took an offer and I cant use it????

0 Likes
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@skidpro  Only the Movies Pass is available on Youview.

skidpro
oh well, i just spent £2 so, I will use the ps3/4 instead, shame about you view thanks
0 Likes
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

Right, time to start from episode 3 on season 2......

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

...38 episodes ... 40 days before season 6 starts ... Got much stamina? 😉

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy probably not but it comes back a lot so I'm in no hurry! 😄

I'll give it a go though!

Kaizen66
Contributor 1

I've just completed season 1 and 2 and only started watching a few days ago 😄

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kaizen66

That's what I call proper dedication, only 3 more seasons to go, you can do it! 😉

Kaizen66
Contributor 1

Halfway through season 3 now, it's just so damned addictive Cat Mad

Janey28
Just started season 2 which now says 11 days left! All others have watch to June on them. Which I thought all seasons did when I started to watch as not seen them before. Does this mean that some of the others will change date too??
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Janey28

Don't worry you can ignore the 10 days left message, NOW TV have confirmed season 2 will be available until 13th June, the same as the other seasons.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Can't wait for season 6 to begin, for me this is the best TV series ever and I have seen some fantastic TV shows over the years.

Spoiler

Everything about the show is amazing, and what I also like is that the writers are bold enough to kill off even some of the main characters, which is rare for a TV series, nobody is safe and you keep wondering "who's next". 

Spoiler

Currently on Spotify listening to GOT Season 1 - 5 album soundtracks, and the music scores sound sublime on a decent stereo HIFI system.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps ah, so you're a fellow Thronie addict as well? Excellent we've got quite a club now! Look forward to lots of discussion when it all kicks off! 😉

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Yeah, big fan, even recommend GOT to my Dad who normally only watches sports events & movies (He has no patience for TV shows over a number episodes).

Even my Dad who in his mid seventies is also hooked and loves GOT.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps No matter how young or old you are, we can all unite in our love for the Joffster! 😉

image.jpeg

AlastairSpencer
Occasional Poster

So excited, can't wait for the new series!

0 Likes
chrissiem
Not applicable

hi

hope i dont sound really silly, but if i buy the entertainment package, can i watch wireless, or do i need to connect my laptop to the tv?

0 Likes
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@chrissiem it's not a silly question. To watch on your TV you'll need a compatible device (NOW TV box, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBox One, EE TV or modern LG TVs). 

Ceejay_London
First Poster

Can you confirm if I am watching via a Chromecast is it only SD quality for live viewing. Is the quality any better if I wait to use Catch Up?

I am used to watching GoT in HD via digital delivery, and an SD experience would kind of spoil it for me Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ceejay_London
First Poster

Oh, and if it is better quality on catch-up, what resolution is it, and how soon after live broadcast does it become available.... and do your servers get mobbed?

0 Likes
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@Ceejay_London whilst live TV is still classed as SD, Sky Atlantic is definitely higher than that. However unless you are attempting the 2am simulcast the catchup version which is 720p should be available around 6am each Monday. 

Cavacom

Excuse my technical ignorance!  Will S6 still be available on catch up for 30 days after first showing?  

commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Hi @Cavacom

What technical ignorance? The question you're asking isn't technical, so there's nothing to excuse Smiley Happy

Yes, each episode of game of thrones season six will be available on catch up for up to 30 days after it is initially aired Smiley Very Happy

Wilson86

sorry if this has lready been asked but how do I watch GOT on You View box. I have signed up for the 14 day free entertainment trial so I can watch it but cant see anything different with my app on the You View box.

Thanks

0 Likes
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Hi @Wilson86

No unfortunately Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview. But all other now TV devices to support entertainment

The fact that entertainment is not supported on Youview is highlighted in several help articles and also in the website section labelled "the legal bit" which can be found in the bottom left of any web page on the main now TV site

Now TV entertainment is not supported on Youview due to a mixture of technical limitations with the Youview platform and content rights issues. Now TV entertainment is not available on any Youview box including pure retail boxes.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear Smiley Sad

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

Season 2 complete 🙂

commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

@caseyb1993 . Winter is coming Smiley Very Happy

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@commanda6 uh-oh 😞

😉

0 Likes
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

With GOT each season gets better and better and better and better !

Every season you can see in the production vaules that the studio are spending/ investing more money into the series.

The battle scenes just get bigger and bigger and bigger !

Can't wait for season 6 to start on Monday. Smiley Very Happy

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@schnapps I enjoyed the battle in season 2! Great to know there is more!

No way I'll catch up by Monday though.... 😉

0 Likes
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Have many seasons do you reckon you will get through by Monday the 25th plus 30 days for catch up for S6 Ep 1.

Otherwise just try and get finished up to season 5 by the 14th of June and wait until Season 6 comes back on air sometime in the future. 

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@schnapps it'll take a while as I also have a lot of shows to catch up on 😉

When it leaves though, I can carry it on with LoveFilm since my rental list is getting low 🙂

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 That's too much catching up to do, GoT needs to be savoured, not rushed. 

However if you are desperate to get up to speed in time for season 6 you can always read my completely jam-packed full of spoilers guide to the entire saga here:

image.jpeg

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy I knew it!!! 😄 

0 Likes
mikey9
First Poster

Hi is anyone having trouble viewingseries 6 i find some of the interior scenes very dark  sound is fine thanks

0 Likes
Smiler1
Hi can some please tell me why all the GOT series have disappeared? Bit annoyed 😞
Bring the old series back-I'm only halfway through season 2!! 😢
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

YAY!!!! You know it's time to get excited when NOW TV start posting How to watch GoT episode Team Dany Unite!

image.png

Deja Vu!

0 Likes
Marellya

Why is season 7 episode 5 not up yet? It says everywhere it will be up at 3am and its 3:20 and still nothing! I stayed up for this because I'm away from home so can't wait Sky Atlantic on TV. HELP!! Have i missed my chance? I won't be able to stream tonight and i'm away for a few weeks as of tomorrow at 2pm... 😞 😞 😞

0 Likes
Marellya

NEVERMIND it just popped up 🙂 

0 Likes