cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Heimat 2

Are there any plans to show Heimat 2 (the second series set in 60s Munich) now that the first series seems to have concluded? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you perform a search, you'll find that Sky Arts currently has seven Heimat films listed. Which will be on the NOW TV service for 13 more days.

Current 'log-in' source link: http://watch.nowtv.com/watch-entertainment/heimat/861233b558a4c510VgnVCM1000000b43150a____

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Those seven films collectively make up 'Season 1' (so to speak), originally referred to as 'Heimat'. I'm asking about the subsequent set of films, 'Season 2', originally referred to as 'The Second Heimat', which was set in Munich in the 1960s.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

According to the info that Sky Arts has produced it says the following: -

"Edgar Reitz's epic saga of a family and their life in a small German village is told against the changing backdrop of the country's turbulent history from 1919 to 1982."

Perhaps the episodes you are looking for have been consolidated into much longer episodes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The first season covers 1919-82. The second season then went back for a more detailed look at the 60s. This is clear from the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heimat_episodes

The episodes currently up on NowTV correspond to the first season, although it's confusing because it was originally broadcast as 11 films, so they do seem to have combined some of them. Nonetheless, the last couple of listed episodes correspond to the final episodes of Season 1.

I haven't watched the first season, which is mainly about village life. But I remember the second season very well from its original broadcast in the early 90s. It's about students at music and art school in the 60s, and it was very entertaining, so I'd love to watch it again. The episodes are up on YouTube, but none of them have subtitles, so they're not much use to me.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wow... It must have been some series @Anonymous User 😉

Cheers