cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

And yet another month has gone and still experiencing the same issues on GOLD.........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem - well over a month now. NOW TV why aren't you looking into this?

PAMDILL
Advocate

We had a thick line going across the screen with Gold on Thursday night and srious screeching noises, I thought the tv was about to go 'pop'.  It was the worst it had been in a long itme.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've nagged the live chat people today (who are famously useless) and they've given me a case number of: 03214411. So you can quote that instead of having to to through a lengthy process of them pretending to not know what the issue is (they do). They'll also claim it was fixed in March (which it wasn't). I've been promised a response from the technical team in 48 hours, which should it materialise, I'll post here. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also I got them to give me 2 months free entertainment pass for the two months this has been going on for. If we all demand this, they are sure to correct the problem......!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me. It's pretty annoying... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's doing it now. Trying to watch Fawlty towers and it keeps freezing and sound stutters like crazy. Making me angry now 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've posted a YouTube video of how bad Gold on Nowtv, if anyone wants to use it to try and get this resolved, feel free. The more People that see this the better. https://youtu.be/QYuHrtm67o8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s not only the NOW TV stream it’s also happening on GOLD the SKY GO app. Just tried to watch the Royal Family on GOLD it’s impossible.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have accessed Gold via Sky GO on my laptop and through the app on my SMART LG TV, they both buzz constantly, with stuttering and lines through the picture. Its clearly the feed and its unwatchable. I have purchased NOWTV for Gold content, but I am now think its not worth the money and likely to cancel.