cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Still doing it. Just watched an episode of Dinnerladies, worked ok until the last few seconds. Now it's going totally crazy again. Next episode is unwatchable, it's screeching at me like a ZX Spectrum in a spin dryer. Tried resetting it, still doing it. EDIT: Actually, i think it's still the same episode. But whatever, it's going crazy on me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is affecting UK gold on mine to
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still the same problems......thought it was solved but back to same problems

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here on three smart boxes, all other channels are fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was having the same problem with Gold - picture distortion and screeching sound. Today, there is a small square in the bottom left corner of the screen, the sound is cutting in and out and it keeps leaving the programme and going back to the 'live channel now and next list' with a red bar and 'error' across the top. It's been like this all day and is unwatchable, the other channels are fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been having the same problems last couple of weeks, won’t let me watch at all today though!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold basicly unwatchable other channels are fine,

Please fix this Gold is my favourite channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

lots of people seem to be having same problem now tv need to sort it went to live chat and they said press reset button on box hold for 30 seconds  there is a small hole by the connection lead on box which you need to press in, went through all the process had to put password of sky broadband back in and own password seemed great for a while picture was alot better then previous , but guess what come back again has to be them surely

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That seems to be the standard answer from them.........you waste 15-20 min on chat then another 10-15 min signing back in to various accounts and apps.....which seems to work for a short term then back to normal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All seems fine now. The little box has now gone and picture quality seems pretty good. 👌