cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turned Gold on this morning and noticed that the feed has changed. It now shows old episodes of only fools in a wider screen format whereas before it was the old narrow format. I've never had this since joining nowtv from Sky TV.
Also there's now a white rectangular watermark in the bottom left corner of the screen so something has definitely changed.
Up till now I've had no viewing issues today so dare I say it's been sorted or have I just jinxed the whole thing.
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

You probably have jinxed the whole thing lol.  I too would like to know the reasoning for the small rectangular shape bottom left of the screen.  No interference yet this evening that i've noticed, and good news about the wider screen format, as this sometimes changes between adverts when viewing old shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So far so good......fingers crossed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been watching Gold the past week through the Black Roku box and Android Phone, and the problem definitely seems to be fixed....finally!  This has taken many months!  The little white box in the bottom left hand corner is a curious addition, but not annoying.  I don't like that old shows like Only Fools don't broadcast a 4:3 signal anymore  though.  I have to keep manually changing the aspect ratio on my TV.  At least when Gold was glitchy, the aspect ratio changed automatically to suit the format the programme was recorded in. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Can confirm that the GOLD issue has now been resolved, and there should be no further audio or picture problems. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What about the white box bottom left hand corner?. when will this get resolved

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The white box isn't annoying, but watching old 4:3 shows stretched across a 16:9 is horrible!  Hope this fix is next on the list!  Or at least add an option on the NOW TV android app to manually change the screen ratio.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

What about the white box bottom left hand corner?. when will this get resolved

that’s the Now tv watermark it’s on the right hand side on the sports channels so probably staying, although it seems a lot brighter than it is on the sports channels

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anybody else get the ocassional green flicker on screen 

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I've also noticed this flicker happening on Gold very occasionally when watching live and when this last happened , by rewinding and pausing at the point , i noticed a completely different programe being broadcast for a couple of frames duration. Exactly the same thing happened when watching GOLD on my parents Virgin Media connection last week, so is not just specific for Now TV.