cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problems. Spent an hour talkinh to Live chat help and they jusy tried to tell me it was my problem even though its happening on both ps4/ipad apps and on my now tv box. Completely frustrating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same problems on Gold. Won't stream properly with frequent distortion. All other channels fine. Happening on 2 different nowtv boxes connected to different WiFi! Sky need to acknowledge this problem and fix it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Came on here to see if this was a problem with my box. Obviously not. This problem is really annoying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spoke to live chat. Apparently they will look into it. Doubt anything will happen
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been on live chat too. Said they are investigating and will get back to me. Will have to wait and see I guess. Definitely a problem their side.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here using smart box and only appears to happen on Gold.
Tried to watch Only Fools and Horses yesterday but had to turn it over as it was unwatchable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I told the Now tv live chat rep there was a thread on here regarding it.
Would be nice if someone could reply to this thread with updates?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was also happening to me over the weekend. I didnt chat to online chat as I didnt really have the energy to try and explain that the poor picture was not a bitrate issue, or a buffering issue, it seemed like it was more a problem with their input they were streaming out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.....i even took box back to tesco for exchange thinking it had a fault