cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones, picture quality on nowtv vs pirated download

Nowtv push game of thrones and must have a lot of sales on the back of it yet the picture quality on season 8 episode 3 was terrible. (The stream quality from now tv is poor in general though).

Just wondering if anyone has watched a download? What was the image quality like? 

I doubt it's a problem with the filming, so it must be nowtv. It was filmed too dark in my opinion but the stream quality should have been better regardless.

It's not a problem with the bit rate, internet connection or resolution it seems to be the encoding type struggling with dark images.

You'd think for a high profile program like this you'd want people to enjoy it.

NETFLIX, 

Why do I have these issues on nowtv but never with Netflix?

6 REPLIES 6
BicBasher
Elite

The copy on Now TV is 720p/25fps.    I've seen copies 'elsewhere' that are 1080p/23.976fps.

It's been frustrating that considering it's the final season of GOT that Full HD still hasn't been launched here!

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
RoyB
Legend

It’s made the nationals:-

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/game-of-thrones-murky-battle-scenes-left-us-in-the-dark-fans-comp...

Spoiler
Seems like it wasn’t just the trench they couldn’t light.....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am watching on a Samsung Smart Tv and the picture is weird. Moving people/objects have a blur around them like an echo. Any tips gratefully received 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had exactly the same thing, the backgrounds at times seemed like modern
art, few colours and in waves.

The dark setting does mean more problems for a good viewing experience but
the compression made it unbearable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now TV promised full 1080p hd in 2018. The video quality is pathetic. I’m getting 1080p on iPlayer for free. For paid services in getting 4k UHD with Amazon and Netflix. I watched GoT in the states on HBO 4 and a half years ago. They were streaming via cable in full 1080p then. That’s 2014. Now TV need to sort this out. It’s pathetic.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My picture on NOW TV was better than my friend showing on their Sky Q box.

it was a very dark show, and the issue here is actually more to do with the TV in my opinion.  My living room tv is a Sony and other rooms are LG and Samsung.

All tvs using NOW TV.  The best picture was on the Sony.  The other 2 tv’s improved by turning off all the tv picture effects that are now built into tv’s.