cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Game of Thrones subtitles

Well, Got7 finishes in a couple o weeks, no point being here until they get subtitles properly sorted.. Are they any better on their Movies via the cinema pass.  Anyone got a rough percentage of movies with subtitles?

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@YESWEB

According to this article it says over 100 movies so you are looking around about the 10% figure where NowTV claim over a 1000 movies on their service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@YESWEB @schnapps

They're actually doing a lot better than that on the Cinema Pass I'm glad to say, there's just over 600 movies with subs on there (about 45%) and increasing - all newly added and premiere movies are subbed and there's a lot of the back catalogue that's also been subbed now. They just need to start working on the entertainment content now!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Andy with the latest on the cinema subtitled movies, this is good news for people who rely on subtitles when watching films on the NowTV service.

Over 600 number movies is a big difference from the 100 or so mentioned in NowTV guide article (perhaps NowTV need to update this article to indicate a more accurate higher number, which i appreciate is increasing every day) Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Mentor

Does that mean I only have to pay 10% of the cost given that I simply can't
watch films/programmes without subtitles and so the other 90% of the
library is effectively off limits to me?

Didn't think so.

And to compound the problem, Amazon is shutting down LoveFilm ostensibly
due to the proliferation of streaming services and a diminishing subscriber
base. This means that instead of being able to get the Blu-ray or DVD of
the film which mostly have subtitles, we're left with inferior streaming
services which are way behind in terms of new releases and even further
behind in subtitle support.

As soon as GOT S7 is finished, I'll be cancelling the subscription as
there's literally nothing else worth watching (that has subtitles). The
movie subscription is slightly better in terms of subtitle support but the
film selection is not worth the fee.

Disappointing.

Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Game of Thrones subtitles on GoT S7 NOW ADDED!

Why has the latest episode of season 7 got no subtitles. Checked previous episodes and the subtitles are working

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lorraine63 wrote:

Why has the latest episode of season 7 got no subtitles. Checked previous episodes and the subtitles are working

@Lorraine63 Hi 

It's possible subtitles could appear in a day or two. That's what happened with season seven episode one. Subtitles appeared a few days after the episode was released. 

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lorraine63 Welcome to the forum. Looks like that is an error at NOW TV's end - the episode is marked as subtitles available and the star button on the NOW TV box remote toggles subtitles on and off, there's just no subtitles displaying on the track. 

I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team and he can pass this on to be looked at. If you are using a different device than a NOW TV box it would be helpful to let us know so that can be passed on as well. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The subtitles are now showing up for episode 6.