cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Game of Thrones subtitles

Are they available for Apple TV? I checked today but couldn't find them. Thanks!

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@niakete

On my ATV 3 GOT Season 7 episode 1 definitely has the subtitles feature, when playing the episode if you press and hold down the enter button (ie the centre button on the direction keypad) on the remote an option should appear on screen to enable subtitles.

Not sure if it's the same button when using the ATV 4 ?

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Mentor

It did work! Thank you😊

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: sub titles

###### you ###### this was not helpful at all. I WANT TO WATCH MY GAME OF THRONES WITH SUBS IN PEACE. 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @suckyourmum2,

Unortunately your post did not mention the type of device you are using to access and view NOW TV content. As not all playback devices support subtitles yet...

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

It's a disgrace that I can't watch Game of Thrones on my PC with subtitles. I deliberately timed this so I could get all of GoT series 7 in my free trial. I admit I didn't reseach it beforehand as I assumed any reputable firm on 2017 would have subtitles on all their flagship shows, and most of their other shows as well, with non-subtitled shows being a minority. The profound lack of subtitles in their shows virtually assures NowTV will get no actual money from me. Sad.

Highlighted
Scholar

So far I am not impressed. Signed up for 'entertainment' pass mainly for GOT season 7.

Running on Apple Tv box. GOT 7 has subtitles.
Tried a few other series, (supergirl, west world, etc, inc GOT 6) but not seeing sub-titles.
Can see 'subtitle options' for all of these eg(OFF, AUTO, CC) but not actually seeing any subtitles on auto or cc. (What is cc?).

Is anyone else seeing subtitles when auto and cc seem to be available (or are they just a global catch-all?), just wondering if its my setup...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@YESWEB wrote:

Can see 'subtitle options' for all of these eg(OFF, AUTO, CC) but not actually seeing any subtitles on auto or cc. (What is cc?).

Is anyone else seeing subtitles when auto and cc seem to be available (or are they just a global catch-all?), just wondering if its my setup...

Hi @YESWEB,

CC or Closed Captions is a subtitle format that's predominantly used in the USA. It's not supported in the UK...  

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

Highlighted
Scholar

Ok. Twas on CC yesterday while watching GOT7, however this evening that option has disappeared and I have a new option eng-English. Probably updated info somewhat eh? All good.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@YESWEB The reason you can't see subtitles on those shows is because unfortunately at the moment there are only a small handful of entertainment shows that NOW TV carry subtitles for, namely

Game of Thrones season 7
Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters season 1
You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1
Bring the Noise season 1