cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones subtitles

Can any subscribers let me know if Game of Thrones (series 6,7) has subtitles available before I waste £6.99 again?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of this morning (19/07/2017) (on my PS4 at least), it appears Game of Thrones Season 7 episode 1 does have subtitles (but not any of the other seasons), but other people may wish to check that 🙂

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of this morning (19/07/2017) (on my PS4 at least), it appears Game of Thrones Season 7 episode 1 does have subtitles (but not any of the other seasons), but other people may wish to check that 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Well spotted, i got subtitles as well on the NowTV Smart box for GOT Season 7 episode 1 where there is a "s" subtitles symbol next to the thumbnail / episode heading that denotes that this episode is subtitles supported.

Like you mentioned there is no current subtitles showing for Seasons 1 to 6 (Suppose it's a start anyway).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Great spot! Just in case anyone's missed it GoT S7 NOW HAS SUBTITLES!

my faith in NOW TV has been restored. Who knows if it was always the plan or they have bowed to pressure but either way thanks NOW TV, I think it's a great move. I would have thought they would be shouting it from the rooftops! Let's hope it paves the way for more high profile shows to have subtitles this year, The Walking Dead maybe?

It would be interesting to know if the reason they've left it until today is whether they need a few days to get the subtitles added, so we can expect future eps to be added without subtitles first then subtitles appear later in the week, or whether they were just late out of the trap and they should appear straight away from now on. I wonder if I can persuade @Jason-C to comment? 🙂

Either way THANKS NOW TV!!

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User@schnapps@Andy

Well spotted indeed!

It seems we just missed the first release, but I can confirm that going forwards, all episodes of Game of Thrones Season 7 should have subtitles. (On devices which support them: Click Here)

We're still working hard on the wider rollout of subtitles across all devices and content, and you should see some more updates on this in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C Excellent work in the NOW TV office, Greta will be around later to give a personal thank you to all concerned, you lucky boy!!

image.png

Now, carry on as you were ... 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C

Surprised that the Roku boxes are not on the supported device list for subtitles straight away, especially that the nowtv boxes are made from similar hardware components (i am guessing it's some differences with the software OS) ?

I am assuming it will be added at a latter date (where it mentions on the guide article more devices to be added in the future) ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps The subtitles are on Roku as well, inc GoT but fair point as they're not mentioned on the list of supported devices. I think as the apps are identical  everyone assumes NOW TV box also means Roku box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I thought it didn't make sense that Roku was not listed on the guide article, suggest that they add Roku to the official list to avoid confusion.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Andy

I thought it didn't make sense that Roku was not listed on the guide article, suggest that they add Roku to the official list to avoid confusion.

@schnapps remember NowTV hardware is based on Roku so as a general rule, if a feature is available on NowTV hardware. It will also be available on Roku. The only exception to this rule are special perks such as the sky sports News app that NowTV hardware users get

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6

Just thought for the sake of clarification that it would be sensible to add Roku to the list.

If i was not familiar with the tie up with NowTV and Roku i.e. the general public and come across this article by accident or chance and was effected by hard of hearing where there was no mention of Roku on the article, then this would cross off the Roku devices from my shopping list.

I will leave it up to the NowTV Team if they wish to amend the guide or not.