cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones subtitles

Can any subscribers let me know if Game of Thrones (series 6,7) has subtitles available before I waste £6.99 again?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of this morning (19/07/2017) (on my PS4 at least), it appears Game of Thrones Season 7 episode 1 does have subtitles (but not any of the other seasons), but other people may wish to check that 🙂

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So far I am not impressed. Signed up for 'entertainment' pass mainly for GOT season 7.

Running on Apple Tv box. GOT 7 has subtitles.
Tried a few other series, (supergirl, west world, etc, inc GOT 6) but not seeing sub-titles.
Can see 'subtitle options' for all of these eg(OFF, AUTO, CC) but not actually seeing any subtitles on auto or cc. (What is cc?).

Is anyone else seeing subtitles when auto and cc seem to be available (or are they just a global catch-all?), just wondering if its my setup...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can see 'subtitle options' for all of these eg(OFF, AUTO, CC) but not actually seeing any subtitles on auto or cc. (What is cc?).

Is anyone else seeing subtitles when auto and cc seem to be available (or are they just a global catch-all?), just wondering if its my setup...

Hi @Anonymous User,

CC or Closed Captions is a subtitle format that's predominantly used in the USA. It's not supported in the UK...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok. Twas on CC yesterday while watching GOT7, however this evening that option has disappeared and I have a new option eng-English. Probably updated info somewhat eh? All good.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The reason you can't see subtitles on those shows is because unfortunately at the moment there are only a small handful of entertainment shows that NOW TV carry subtitles for, namely

Game of Thrones season 7
Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters season 1
You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1
Bring the Noise season 1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, Got7 finishes in a couple o weeks, no point being here until they get subtitles properly sorted.. Are they any better on their Movies via the cinema pass.  Anyone got a rough percentage of movies with subtitles?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to this article it says over 100 movies so you are looking around about the 10% figure where NowTV claim over a 1000 movies on their service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps

They're actually doing a lot better than that on the Cinema Pass I'm glad to say, there's just over 600 movies with subs on there (about 45%) and increasing - all newly added and premiere movies are subbed and there's a lot of the back catalogue that's also been subbed now. They just need to start working on the entertainment content now!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Andy with the latest on the cinema subtitled movies, this is good news for people who rely on subtitles when watching films on the NowTV service.

Over 600 number movies is a big difference from the 100 or so mentioned in NowTV guide article (perhaps NowTV need to update this article to indicate a more accurate higher number, which i appreciate is increasing every day) Smiley Happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does that mean I only have to pay 10% of the cost given that I simply can't
watch films/programmes without subtitles and so the other 90% of the
library is effectively off limits to me?

Didn't think so.

And to compound the problem, Amazon is shutting down LoveFilm ostensibly
due to the proliferation of streaming services and a diminishing subscriber
base. This means that instead of being able to get the Blu-ray or DVD of
the film which mostly have subtitles, we're left with inferior streaming
services which are way behind in terms of new releases and even further
behind in subtitle support.

As soon as GOT S7 is finished, I'll be cancelling the subscription as
there's literally nothing else worth watching (that has subtitles). The
movie subscription is slightly better in terms of subtitle support but the
film selection is not worth the fee.

Disappointing.