cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones subtitles

Can any subscribers let me know if Game of Thrones (series 6,7) has subtitles available before I waste £6.99 again?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of this morning (19/07/2017) (on my PS4 at least), it appears Game of Thrones Season 7 episode 1 does have subtitles (but not any of the other seasons), but other people may wish to check that 🙂

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unfortunately subtitles haven't appeared on the catch-up episode of Game of Thrones S7 so it doesn't look like NOW TV are providing them this year. 

I was hoping that for such a high profile show NOW TV would have tried to make sure this one show was subtitled to allow as many people as possible to enjoy it, but it looks like we will have to hope for next year now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am quite annoyed to find out no subtitles on Entertainment especially Game of Thrones as i do thought this Now Tv popular but turn out i was wrong but good job i took on trial before full amount price , as i do know others like sky etc does work subtitles but i am hoping this releasing soon on subtitles let us enjoying peaceful without barrier

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, Andy. Very disappointing to hear that Now TV has again failed to take into account deaf/HOH or non native English speakers.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Agreed, whilst I appreciate introducing something like subtitles is a big task when there are so many episodes on the service, I really did think they would make sure GoT had subtitles this year given how massively popular it is. If I hear any updates I'll let you know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought a NowTV box to watch GoT season 7 which I've been waiting a whole year for - am gutted there are no subtitles. I'm deaf and in this day and age it is shocking to find such a high profile and popular programme un-subtitled.

If NowTV is owned by Sky and GoT on Sky Atlantic is subtitled then I really can't fathom out why the subtitles are not available.

Come on NowTV - get with the times and treat your disabled customers better. I left Sky due to the limited subtitles available but stupidly didn't realise NowTV was part of Sky.

I'm really disappointed and not certain I will last beyond the 14 day free trial.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Agreed, whilst I appreciate introducing something like subtitles is a big task when there are so many episodes on the service, I really did think they would make sure GoT had subtitles this year given how massively popular it is. If I hear any updates I'll let you know.

@Andy @Anonymous User on this issue we agree. game of thrones season really should have subtitles available (catch up/on demand.)

@Anonymous User from what I can see looking at the content library. NowTV appear to be dealing with getting subtitles available on movies first. Currently, around half the movie library has subtitles. But as I said above, I agree with both yourself and Andy subtitles should really be available on game of thrones season seven. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree. I watch all tv programmes and films with subtitles, it helps me understand the story and remember character names, and many programmes/films have quiet periods to them too. Plus it means i can munch away on a snack and still read what is being said. My partner is non-english speaker so it helps her too. Disappointed to hear GoT has no subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is so genuinely disappointing to hear - if services like netflix etc can manage it, why not NowTv? 

Is there a contact email to complain directly to NowTv regarding this? I have searched and all I can find so far is instructions to try to resolve issues via the forums...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am astounded that GoT is not subtitled. My son was very upset when we sat down to watch but due to him being profoundly deaf and no subtitles available he was unable to follow it.   I did not  check beforehand to see if subtitles were available as I assumed that in 2017 with a programme as popular as GoT there would not be an issue. I purchased a NOWTv box  just so my son could watch GoT. Get your act together NOWTV 1 in 7 people have a hearing deficit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is so sad. I bought the tv box especially to get GoT with subtitles as they don't support subtitles on PC. Yesterday I had everything in place to start watching it and bang no subtitles. I can't belive that they did this. I am thinking to return the TV BOX and get my money back. 

PS: The fun fact is that if you search for websites that are streaming the movie for free they have subtitles. How is this possible ?