cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i just renewed my subscription to finish watching but noticed they have all gone aswell. Now TV better be careful as there is alot of competion. I also have FireTV and noticed HBO has a service. I am going to subscribe to this.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

i just renewed my subscription to finish watching but noticed they have all gone aswell. Now TV better be careful as there is alot of competion. I also have FireTV and noticed HBO has a service. I am going to subscribe to this.

I guess if you want to pay between £12.99 and £14.99 for the std-def versions for each series on Amazon... Then go for it!

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV better be careful as there is alot of competion.

Now TV is the only non-contract subscription video service in the UK which has Game of Thrones (i.e. pay one price per month to watch as much as you want and cancel at any time).

Everywhere else you'd have to pay per episode or per season.  Although more expensive, this would have the advantage that you would then own the content to watch whenever you wanted.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

Everywhere else you'd have to pay per episode or per season.  Although more expensive, this would have the advantage that you would then own the content to watch whenever you wanted.

Or until the company goes bust, the DRM is no longer support on your device or they decided that they will uphold their 3 years "ownership" rules within the T&Cs

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/10/16/news-wuaki-tv-purchases-only-last-three-years/

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Or until the company goes bust, the DRM is no longer support on your device or they decided that they will uphold their 3 years "ownership" rules within the T&Cs

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/10/16/news-wuaki-tv-purchases-only-last-three-years/

Indeed.  Which is why I still prefer physical media to downloads, even at the risk of obsolescence.  As long as you've got a working device and the DVD or whatever isn't damaged, it will still play.

Imagine the chaos if one of these big companies which use DRM went bust.  Has it happened yet with a smaller company?

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@DarylM wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User @DarylM

it recently surfaced that three years availability on purchases might not be the case with regard to wuaki-tv. Or at least in normal circumstances anyway. But if the company was to go bust or have serious disagreements with rights holders meant you might be in trouble

https://recombu.com/digital/article/wuaki-tv-3-years

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I assumed that the warnings related to people on a 1-month trial or similar offer, but knowing that I'd signed up for an ongoing subscription of £6.99 each month, I didn't think it would mean me.  I'm afraid the answer is simple - terminate subscription.  Anyone know if you can buy Game of Thrones as a DVD set?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I assumed that the warnings related to people on a 1-month trial or similar offer, but knowing that I'd signed up for an ongoing subscription of £6.99 each month, I didn't think it would mean me.  I'm afraid the answer is simple - terminate subscription.  Anyone know if you can buy Game of Thrones as a DVD set?

Does nobody read the 'terms and conditions' before clicking the accept button?

In summary: All the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

The DVD box set for seasons 1-5 is available from Amazon (and other vendors) for around £45.00

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

HBO's service is for US customers. The UK site suggests you go to Amazon, Wuaki and others and buy the episodes. Of course no guarantee when those sites will have the latest episodes.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Indeed @4268,

It's actually cheaper to purchase seasons 1-5 on DVD from the Amazon store, rather than stream it from them Smiley Surprised