cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I was hestitant as it was not clear what content would be available (seasons 6 & 7 have dates against them), but seasons 1 - 5 are still shown on the website without explanation...

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please post a link to where you have seen this?

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello im still on the 14 day trial but can only find the latest GOT episodes. Does Now TV have previous seasons? If so how do i find them? Thanks very much.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Seasons 1 to 6 returned to the NOW TV service on Monday 01 May 2017 but have now been removed, as their licensing agreements have expired.

All episodes from the previous series could re-appear at some time on the NOW TV service, either as 'live' streams or as series 'box sets' but only if a new agreement deal is negotiated with the content copyright holders. Or before the next new series begins

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to the NowTV Team Game of Thrones Seasons 1 to 6 will be back on boxsets during December (see this link thread message 93 for confirmation).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Game-of-Thrones-season-1-2-3-4-5-has-gone/td-p/379436/page/10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up for the entertainment pass yesterday after much deliberation, only so I could watch game of thrones. As a newbie I want to watch from the beginning and Nowtv was the main result coming up in my searches so I took the plunge and signed up. Now, I'm ready to watch but have realised that seasons 1-6 aren't available and episodes are only available for 30 days!

How do I cancel my entertainment pass? Also how do I watch GoT from the beginning (please note I'm in the UK)

Thanks,
J
Anonymous User
Not applicable
They just left the service nowtv only keeps boxsets for certain amount of time and the latest series is on catch up so each episode only available for 30 days

To cancel click here
https://account.nowtv.com/passes

Login and under entertainment pass you should see cancel option click that then click about 3 more please don't go begging you to stay pages and click the final cancel to make sure you have done it fully
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sadly you're a bit late. All the episodes from seasons 1 to 6 returned to the NOW TV service way back on Monday 01 May 2017. But have now left...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Also how do I watch GoT from the beginning (please note I'm in the UK)

@Anonymous User If it's any use to you NOW TV mentioned they will have 1-6 boxsets back again in December. Sky Atlantic (which you get with NOW TV Ent passes) also usually show all the episodes live over Xmas/New Year so you should be able to catch S7 then as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy wrote:

@Jcourt1 If it's any use to you NOW TV mentioned they will have 1-6 boxsets back again in December. Sky Atlantic (which you get with NOW TV Ent passes) also usually show all the episodes live over Xmas/New Year so you should be able to catch S7 then as well.

I will hang onto my Entertainment voucher until the end of the year.  I don't suppose the first half of S7 will be on catch up...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks!! Will I be given a refund given I signed up only yesterday?