cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll probably cancel my subscription after the final episode of season 6 airs for GOT. The main reason I pay for it is so I can sit and watch old episodes. Seeing as I don't have a DVD player nor a smart TV in my bedroom it's so annoying I can't get old episodes ANYWHERE now.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
... it's so annoying I can't get old episodes ANYWHERE now.

Actually @Anonymous User yes you can...

You can stream seasons 1-5 via Amazon Video. The standard definition versions cost anything from £1.89 per episode up-to £14.99 per season. The high definition versions cost anything from £2.49 per episode up-to £19.99 per season!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so I bought the pass say 4 hours ago was in season 1 episode 4 and they vanished I think it's a scam
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User no you just purchased it late. Programs are available on the system for a set amount of time. Those were available for a couple of months prior to you purchasing a pass. The latest season has been running a few weeks.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also, as of today, all episodes of Season 6 have 15 days remaining and episode 1 of Season 7 has 14 days remaining.

Content will display an 'xx days remaining' message once it gets to within 30 days of its expiry date.

Game of Thrones.jpg

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am really annoyed that Game of Thrones has been taken off, half way through Season 5, it was one of the main reasons we subscribed to NowTV, will be cancelling our subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for explaining this.....but it does not detract from the fact that it is sheer madness to put a series up for catching up, and to have all episodes end on the same day.   My bad (& the bad of so many others I can see who have found the same issue), but it reflects badly on the customer care of NOWtv to facilitate such a poor business practice.   

I guess the industry is all about the money, but I am pretty sure NOWtv won't see any more of mine after our current pass expires!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst it doesn't help with episodes leaving now, NOW TV have confirmed S1-6 will be back as a boxset in December. Sky Atlantic usually air all seasons live over the Xmas/New Year period as well to give people chance to watch S7 as well.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/game-of-thrones-1-5/m-p/436781#M33361

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto! The whole reason i got this was to catch up. Membership woll now be cancelled.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i eventually get into game of thrones get to series 3 go on holiday for a week and when i return its gone!
Ive read all above.. what a joke! What warnings are we given?! I prob would have stayed up all night watching it if i would have known it was being deleted off. Now tv this is very poor, i may as well cancel the subscription too as only thing i had been watchibg so anoying!