cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to confirm that the Game Of Thrones box set will be back on NowTV soon since you said that "box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts"?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User I'm afraid it's unlikely. The "probably" was based on the new seasons previously starting in April. This year it will not be starting again in April but in July.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'm afraid it's unlikely. The "probably" was based on the new seasons previously starting in April. This year it will not be starting again in April but in July.

Hi all

Game of thrones box sets should be coming back in May. When they do come back, though I wouldn't necessarily expect unavailability length of any longer than 90 days based on what happened in previous years, although you might get longer than that on some of the earlier seasons (1 and 2).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wouldn't it make sense though if these platforms, such as nowtv, communicate about their license periods... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The seasons 1-5 just vanished when I was about to watch season 1 episode 4 why? I only bought the pass to watch these strange mayb a scam
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User as per your other post no you just left it to late to buy your pass.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very disapointed.

Was only interested in Walking dead and Game of thrones box sets so will cancel subscription and go look elsewhere

Would have thought these would be popular viewing

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User some of the older series are on Amazon for £1.89 an episode.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.