cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones Subtitles

When they speak High Valyrian and Dothraki etc I can't actually read the subtitles because NOW TV's own subtitles say 'speaking dothraki' etc.

This entirely useless piece of information prevents me from reading the actual subtitles built into the program, and I don't want to have to keep pausing and switching the NOW TV subtitles on and off to understand what was said. Can this please be fixed? 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

I haven’t noticed any built-in subtitles translating these languages.

I though the whole idea of ‘speaking dothraki’ was that viewers shouldn’t know what was being said.

Can you give a Season/Episode/mm:ss reference, so I can have a look, if there are no examples of this on tonight’s show?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I don't know the exact time but in episode 1 and 3 they were speaking Dothraki and High Valyrian. The built in subtitles I'm talking about are yellow.

Can these issues be corrected please, and avoided in future episodes.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Looks like somebody listened.

Tonight’s optional subtitles, when indicating exotic languages, jumped to be above the embedded subtitles, instead of obscuring them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not for me they didn't. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also experienced this.  We had subtitles on as my husband is hard of hearing, but the "speaking dothraki " subtitle completely masked these subtitles.  This certainly happened in the 1st episode of season 8.  Also, the subtitles stopped halfway through the episode. I tried turning them back on but there didn't seem to be any associated with it from the part with Sam in the library on.