cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass wont activate - getting fobbed off on live chat.

I bought a 5 month NOW TV Entertainment pass from Amazon. Its an official NOW TV card with a scratch off section sold by Amazon themselves and posted to me. When I entered the code it said "Hmmm, we don't recognise that voucher." and failed to activate my pass

I then got on Live chat and they said there was a problem and it had been esculated and someone would email me within 24 hours. They didnt get back to me.

Today I got back on Live Chat and they told me the same thing. When I said i had already waited and nobody got back to me i was told to return the card to Amazon! I emailed Amazon and was told that as I had scratched the card it was now used and they had no way of knowing it had or had not worked. I totally understand this.

So I am left £25 out of pocket. Live chat just keep telling me to wait 24 hours repeatedly. What can I do to straighten out this circle of non support and get my pass sorted?
5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Request to @NOWTV-Team Members: Can somebody look into this please?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hey Mak

I've recently been in a similar situation to yourself and this is what I did, first I got Now TV help chat to confirm that the code I have is invalid.  In your case, if it is a valid code that does not work then Now TV should supply with a new working code, important note, remember to save/keep the "text" of the conversation you had with them.

However, if the code is invalid then Amazon should supply you with a replacement code, and since you have the saved Now TV help chat "text" you now have irrefutable proof to show Amazon that the code is useless you are entitled to a refund or replacement.

In my case, I got a replacement code from the supplier.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

PS. Whenever I order vouchers/passes, on receipt, I always contact Now TV help chat and check that all my newly received codes are valid. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Thanks for the tip.

I eventually got Now TV to cancel the code and give me a new one but it took over an hour of arguing on live chat. All working fine now.

On further investigation after reading the reviews on Amazon it turns out its Amazons fault. Its been happening to loads of people. The cards Amazon are selling need to be activated my the selling merchant before despatch and Amazon are not doing this. Therefore the code is useless.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Mak

I'm glad that you've now got a working pass code from Now TV, despite it taking you far longer than it should through no fault of your own.

You also raise a very interesting point, i.e. Amazon not activating the pass codes they "bulk" purchase from Sky/Now TV.

May I make one more suggestion, do write in a strongly worded complaint/review to Amazon about their failure to uphold their part of the consumer contract they have with you.  Simply because if you do not complain then things will not get better.

As an aside, I too have had my run ins with Amazon, I had ordered 4GB Western Digital Red Hard Disk which arrived without any protective packaging whatsoever, just the HD in a bare cardboard package. After recovering from my shock, I got on the phone, complained bitterly to Amazon and refused to accept delivery of the HD, I also wrote a review saying that whoever packaged that HD should not be in the business of supplying such delicate equipment.

Amazon, a few days later, collected the dodgy HD and supplied me with a properly protected and packaged replacement HD.

I guess the moral of both our stories is not to accept shoddy service, do not compromise your consumer rights, complain and stand your ground.

UK Bob

Geluk
Expert 2

You can e mail Amazon at:

cs-replyATamazon.co.uk

change AT for@, as the forum removes the link, if I post normal address format 😞