cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pack on laptop and android devices

I purchased a Now subscription in December 2016. I can receive the entertainment package (paid for) on my mainTV via the HDMI cable.

However, when I try and connect my android or Microsoft 10 laptop to Now Tv it will not give me access to the entertainment pass that I have pad for. After various conversations with the NOW tv agents have proved fruitless. These include signing in with my Outlook account (WHY!). Now TV will only accept my usual sign in details. NOW tv have been totally useless at sorting this problem. Can I have a sane answer to how I receive the entertainment package on my laptop?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I know this might seem a stupid question but you would be amazed on how many times this actually crops up.. but do you have more than one NowTV/Sky ID account and if so are you logging into the correct one? (Many people get caught by this because they have made multiple accounts over time to take advantage of offers/trials and even more so becase tablets/pcs tend to auto login in - often into the wrong account).

You said you can watch successfuly via your TV HDMI (as such at least one device should show on your account).. is that via a NowTV box (white, black, black-smart etc) or what device do you use for that? Either way if you go into the settings on that device it should tell you the username that your are logged in with which you can then confirm you are using the same account on your tablet/pc just to be sure 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started afresh this morning and went back to basics. Having read the thread from the start and noted all of your comments in trying to solve this problem.

1:  My account shows my log in details are correct. Although why the help desk says that I should log in using my Outlook Email address is beyond me. That doesn't work anyway. Logging in via the app and looking at my account details, shows that I have no packages (although I am paying for the Combo pack), and asks if I would I like to purchase the entertainment pack.

2: I have confirmed with the help desk that I have the entertainment pack, although this not showing on my account details.

3: My Now box is linked via the HDMI cable to my TV and I can receive all the entertainment channels as per my subscription.

4: This a new (first time) account opened last December.

5: It was only last week when I decided to link NOW tv to my laptop.

6: I use Thunderbird as my browser. Advised by two different people that EDGE was either supported or not supported.

7: No devices are listed on my account. Not even the NOW tv box.

8: When chosing to watch a live program the system asks me if I wnt to purchase an entertainment pass.

It has occoured to me that there is definitely a broken link somewhere on SKY's system. Namely that the help desk computers are telling the agent that I have the entertainment pack and the system that runs the web says that there isn't an entertainment pack on my account. I reiterate that I purchased a COMBO pack when I joined. That is the phone line, the NOW tv system and a call package. If any one can bring this conundrum to an end I would be grateful.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Please please please use the application not browser.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I'm unsure how the Combo packages work/show up in your account as i dont subscribe to that myself. I know there is a section 'My Packages' which is for the combo and i would imagine it lists your entire package there, inlcuding your pass (I'm guessing your Enterttainment pass is part of the package). Whether or not it would still show under 'My Passes' also i have no idea.

Still as far as i know logging in is no different either way so I'll have to admit here that i'm at a loss 😞 Hopefully someone who has knowledge and experiance on how the Combo works could offer some better advise. But it really does sound like you have a strange and unique issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I agree 100%. I have installed the APP (as stated previously). I have no idea what browser is in use when I activate the APP. I have installed: Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Legend 5
Legend 5

You don't need the browser to use the app. You just click into it log in and play content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, support for Silverlight will be removed in both the Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers within the coming months. Which means that in order to access and view NOW TV content on a computer running Windows 8.1 (or higher), you will need to install the NOW TV Windows app.

After installing the NOW TV Windows app it is advisable to completely remove Silverlight along with any unnecessarily browsers from your computer!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for all your responses. Looking back at the thread over the past 60 hours I am dissapointed that a NOW TV representative is not monitoring these posts. Doesn't do the company any favours.

Again thanks.

(still not working!)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

.... I am dissapointed that a NOW TV representative is not monitoring these posts. Doesn't do the company any favours.

It's a community forum @Anonymous User. Most issues are usually able to be sorted out very quickly by community members...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User. Are you a Combo Customer, as in Broadband and TV from NOW TV yeah?