cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pack on laptop and android devices

I purchased a Now subscription in December 2016. I can receive the entertainment package (paid for) on my mainTV via the HDMI cable.

However, when I try and connect my android or Microsoft 10 laptop to Now Tv it will not give me access to the entertainment pass that I have pad for. After various conversations with the NOW tv agents have proved fruitless. These include signing in with my Outlook account (WHY!). Now TV will only accept my usual sign in details. NOW tv have been totally useless at sorting this problem. Can I have a sane answer to how I receive the entertainment package on my laptop?

23 REPLIES 23
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User so long as you have a supported browser or the Now Windows app you should be able to get Now on your laptop. Regarding the phone so long as it is not rooted and is UK model again should work. What model are each?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The android is a " tablet running Google. I have downloaded the NOW tv app. It should also run on Windows 10. which

@Anonymous User wrote:

I purchased a Now subscription in December 2016. I can receive the entertainment package (paid for) on my mainTV via the HDMI cable.

However, when I try and connect my android or Microsoft 10 laptop to Now Tv it will not give me access to the entertainment pass that I have pad for. After various conversations with the NOW tv agents have proved fruitless. These include signing in with my Outlook account (WHY!). Now TV will only accept my usual sign in details. NOW tv have been totally useless at sorting this problem. Can I have a sane answer to how I receive the entertainment package on my laptop?

@Anonymous User wrote:

The secondary device is a 7" tablet. The laptop runs Windows 10. The default browser is Mozilla Firefox. The NOW tv app has been downloaded for Windows 10.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The android is a " tablet running Google. I have downloaded the NOW tv app. It should also run on Windows 10. which

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

The secondary device is a 7" tablet. The laptop runs Windows 10. The default browser is Mozilla Firefox. The NOW tv app has been downloaded for Windows 10.

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have the ability to use the Windows app only use the Windows app don't watch NowTV through a standard browser, otherwise the app and the browser will be registered as separate devices, which means you'll be using to device slots instead of one.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would try to watch Entertainment via the APP. Having said that I
understand that you are allowed upto 4 devices per subscription. I have
no idea what browser the NOW app is using. No success so far.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I was asking model of both. Here's link to  the app. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

On your mobile go to play store and install the app.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you get any error message/codes when you try to watch? Also do you use or have a VPN configured on those devices?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can see that. But I would point out that under the licence I can watch on 4 devices at the same time. Still no joy.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User no you can't. You can have 4 registered devices. You can watch 2 of those at same time. Have you actually tried accessing the apps as you have been advised to?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I take your point about 4 devices - only what I have been advised previously.

There are NO devices allocated on my subscription. Not even the one I am trying to activate.

To reiterate:   Log in via the MY TV app. Screen opens showing available SKY films and entertainment.

on clicking entertainment screen shows available programs including box sets. Nothing regarding "LIVE" TV.

If I click a program on entertainment it takes me to the page and asks if I want a trial.

This is even though I have a entertainment subscription. The help desk have been absolutely useless advisng me to log in using my OUTLOOK account. This has nothing to do with NOW TV.