cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

To be honest i'm not going to waste any more time voicing my opinion on this... I will be getting rid of NOW TV and continuing with TV PLAYER once my pass expires.

If people are happy to be penalised for having children and pay more money a month as a result then that's fine, pay more.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

To be honest i'm not going to waste any more time voicing my opinion on this... I will be getting rid of NOW TV and continuing with TV PLAYER once my pass expires.

If people are happy to be penalised for having children and pay more money a month as a result then that's fine, pay more.

Would it not be worth waiting to see what extra channels they are going to be adding into the Entertainment package first to see if it's still worth the money? I know Vice is coming, but the NOWTV help folks on twitter said more "channels" are going to be added.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Legend 5
Legend 5

It is ironic that after people complaining about too much kids content in past, that as soon as it goes people who were happy with kids content start complaining.  I guess they were in a no win situation.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

too be honest i wasn't aware people were complaining of too much kids content, so fair enough, valid point.

but...........who moans about too much content? It's not too difficult to filter out the kids stuff,  i would rather have access to content i may not always want, rather than having to pay extra for stuff i do want (and once had at the same cost).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm pretty happy with this move.  I was concerned that NowTV would try and remove Sky Atlantic or one/more of the proper channels at some point this year and make it some form of premium add-on.  Pleased to see they've gone for a softer target...  people with children.  Parents will pay the premium...  kids will get to watch more tv and avoid going outside...  and I won't have to moan publicly on forums.  Seems to me to be a win, win, win situation.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... I'm very pleased that the Kids content is moving out of the 'Entertainment' pack and into it's own pack. In my opinion it should never have been in there in the first place Smiley LOL

Now people with kids can buy a cheap box with a cheap pass and let them get-on with it 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was all in favour of a separate kids pass as I thought it would benefit both customers with and without kids.  By removing kids channels & replacing it with 1 "non premium" channel, NOW TV have succeeded in pleasing very few customers IMO.  Very disappointing move NOW TV -  a step backwards & not forwards IMO.

Louise_and_Mark
Scholar 3

Whatever Now TV do there are going to be people that disagree.  I still think that even with the changes it provides value for money and will still form the majority of the viewing in our house.  People may decide that they want to go for TV Player plus however that is not without it's issues, we had a trial of that on our EE TV box and we experienced quite a number of quality issues, particularly with the sync of picture and sound, plus on TV boxes some of the major channels are not available.  BT TV which has also been mentioned has also also has it's childrens channels in a separate package.

We are all going to have different views on this depedning on our personal circumstances.  I personally think it gives flexibility and think as I tend to buy 5 month vouchers even if I take the kids pack at £2.99 (who knows they may even offer cheaper 3 or 5 month vouchers for this) at £7.99 for the combined channels it is still great value for some superb channels, that we can watch on 2 boxes at the same time, plus box sets that you do not get on the basic sky package, delivered to us in a quality service (I know some people do experience issues however I am pleased to say we do not).  In my view keep up the good work guys, Now TV is evolving (they did consult on the kids section too) and will continue to do so, we have supported since day one and I must admit will continue to do so...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had now tv pretty much since day 1 . Think the product and the idea is great .
However now tv you have got this one wrong in my opinion. I no what we will do is try a squeeze a few more pounds out of the parents and make children upset if they don't have their fab channel.
Look it what ever way you want . Loose channels and gain a Chanel which lets face it not many people will watch . We're is the since is this move . Think you will be losing my custom!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again this is another price increase to access content that we currently paying for. I watch only 4 channels on NowTv ( Sky,Sky Atlantic,FOX and Nick Jr) so to access the same content going forward it cost me another £3 per month. Also CBBC,Ceebies and MilkShake content can be accessed for free using the Apps on the NowTv Box

And I can't understand the statements that kids content has no place in an Entertainment pack, it call entertainment and should suits all ages as it currently does. I am sure there plenty people using NowTv who don't watch all the channels.

Now Amazon Prime Video is looking like a good alternative to this now.