cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casaschi
Contributor 5

Re: Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

@4268 wrote:

It is ironic that after people complaining about too much kids content in past, that as soon as it goes people who were happy with kids content start complaining.  I guess they were in a no win situation.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Now TV is removing the kids channels AND keeping the same price for the entertainment package without any new content. Who did they expect to please with this change?

GavinH
First Poster

Cancelled the pass. I thought Sky we're learning from the many people leaving the main satellite service for the free IPTV alternatives!

Looks like someone in management at Sky has a lot to learn about the way the Internet and TV are now working. Long gone are the days of Sky's monopoly. 

One last thing... I would like to see a make your own package option. 

artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@casaschi wrote:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Now TV is removing the kids channels AND keeping the same price for the entertainment package without any new content.

They've added a new channel, have one coming in the future and the boxset catalogue has grown so much that it broke my script reading all of them.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Andrew713
Contributor 1

Now TV is still pretty decent but I can't say I am over the moon that the Kid's section has gone to another package. I enjoy many of the Sky 1 / Sky Arts / Sky Atlantic / Fox shows but I also enjoy the Disney Channel. As the Kid's package doesn't appear to have the Disney channel, so I won't be bothering with that, even it is a reasonably priced 2.99.

The addition of Nat Geo Wild is pointless for me (but I guess some people enjoy that channel) and as a lot of people have pointed out here, the SF channel would have been a better choice or even Alibi perhaps or Lifetime

0 Thanks
QuintinDB
First Poster

The issue here is not content but price.  If there were a price reduction along with the removal of the kids content, you wouldn't hear complaints. The reason people are complaining is that it constitutes a price increase from 6.99 to 9.98. (and I realise nowtv added two free channels to their kids package, or what not - hardly 43% more value for a 43% price increase)

oz47
Contributor 1

Minus the disney channel as well.

cliffo88
Contributor 1

What a complete joke, the 2 channels we watch in our house the most (almost exclusively) are Sky Atlantic and Nick JR, and now I have to pay more to access Nick Jr.

I for one will not be buying any more passes, I already have 4 or 5 waiting to be used and now I'm only getting half of the content (that I will use) that I paid for when I bought them.

Where do we stand legally with this? If I've purchased a NowTV box with an entertainment pass and it's channels advertised on the box and then when I set it up 3 of the channels are missing, can anything be done to get a refund?

Then again, this is Sky we're talking about, I should have known it was too good to be true, and coupled with the fact we still have no 1080p or 5.1 audio, I think I'll soon be an ex-customer.

MSBa
Contributor 1

I agree with many people here im not happy either.

and while i would agree with some argues about paying for other peoples Kids packages - IF   they were to drop the main price, which they dont appear to be (at least from what i have seen, i could be wrong, i will go back and check later) but in effect its brought the total "package"  cost to nearly £10 + £10 for films + whatever for sports (and while i agree the film package is slightly better than others - i still dont think the "total package" cost is worth 3X the competitions. + Netflix and amazon "sector off" the kids stuff - surely with skys resources they could do somrthing smarter - mind you increasing your revenue some would argue is the smartest thing. 

Either way im not particulary happy about another price increase in a few months time.

for those wanting to get good kids channels i have had prime and netflix you can now get both for the same price as now tv entertainment - and the kids stuff along with documentaries are great.

take a look........ 

n0ahg
Regular 2

Typical Sky, get you subscribed and then split the packages. I have a three year old so I've got until June 21st to explain that we won't have the channels due to a bunch of money grabbing Jeremy Hunts.
MSBa
Contributor 1

for me its more a case of somebody trying to squeeze more money out of me - rather than the actual loss of the channels - as there are other providers (while its still very irritating). My kids love playing outside which is great - but the channels come into their own when its really heavy rain or cold etc.

I am very familiar with the analysis industry - The principle of Sky removing and entertainment package is totally about money however they want to spin it, you can pretty much guarantee someone has sat there and gone - we need to increase our profit by 40% or whatever and then thought up how to accomplish this increase.

just very disappointed with sky now.