cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

thanks for info,do not think Roku would block one channel from within a Now tv pass which is why i think its done by Now

but i do not see what they gain or lose by giving to all,for my part i now feel annoyed i do not get it which i assume others would so it does not seem great marketing(just joking but its your fault for pointing out the link)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry did not know there was an app for the Sky sports news but as a customer i do not care how i get the channel just that i do.There is also the question of price to me if you can get it with a kids pass.O well back to being Victor Meldrew

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can i be the first to start a request for Sky sports mix now i have got nowhere with the news channel?

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User Yes, you can watch Sky Sports News HQ with a Kids pass if you have a NOW TV white, black or Smart Box via the SSN HQ app.  

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch.

I must admit, going through this thread has been a little confusing! The issue does seem to be around the Sky Sports News HQ, which is a bit different from the original topic of the thread. To continue this chat, it might be helpful to do so in the Sports sections, just to avoid any misinterpretation.

To be clear: You can watch the live Sky Sports channels on any supported device by buying a Sky Sports Pass (day, week, or month). These live channels include Sky Sports News HQ.

As a separate bonus for NOW TV Box customers, you can use the Sky Sports News HQ app if you've purchased any of our passes. All information on this is available by clicking here.

Hope that makes sense! Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi bicbasher

that is my point,i want to watch on a Roku and do not see why i pay a lot more then a kids pass and do not get it. Now tv customer service told me that it is a reward for people buying a Now box.That is fair enough but the fact that

Sky part own Roku means to me i should get a reward as well as i said in another post it is like Amazon prime having full content on a Fire stick and removing films off other devices(if anyone from Amazon is reading this ,that is not a suggestion)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it was in this thread as i asked if it could be added to the entertainment pass moving it to the sports section will make no difference as it would seem it is a reward for buying one box.I get it just do not agree mainly due to the money

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

To try and clear up the confusion a little there are 2 ways to get Sky Sports News HQ. The first is by having an active NOW TV day, week or month sports pass on any device that supports it (all except YouView). So on the Roku you could watch it in the NOW TV app if you have a sports pass. This will work for as long as the sports pass is active.

This is the same for all users regardless of platform (except YouView) and is the standard NOW TV offering that NOW TV advertise the sports pass as providing (not even NOW TV box users can watch the HQ channel on the NOW TV app if they don't have a sports pass).

The second way is only for NOW TV box users. The box has its own dedicated Sky Sports News HQ app, separate from the main NOW TV app, which allows NOW TV box users to watch just that channel as per the link that @schnapps provided. This method isn't available to you on the Roku box, or on any other device, only NOW TV boxes.

Its not uncommon for different providers and platforms to provide exclusive features for their own products as a way of generating sales. NOW TV have the HQ app as a 'bonus' on their boxes, but they lack other valuable apps like Netflix and Amazon that Roku boxes do have. 

Edit: apologies, @schnapps has already cleared up the confusion in the previous post.

Legend 5
Legend 5

It is supposed to be available on Virgin too......
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sorry I thought we were talking about the app rather than the channel.