cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when the box with passes are on offer you could get one take the pass out and apply it to your account.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i think you are misunderstanding something,the point i am trying to make is that i already have the passes for movies and tv so i do not need to take one when on offer as its not the cost of the pass that is an issue.But the fact that it seems if you watch on a Now tv box you get Sky sports news and on any other device you do not even when we all pay the same price.It would be like Amazon only offering only some films on other devices and all there films  on an Amazon fire stick ,dont think it would go down very well.So its about fairness not price, we should pay the same get the same

Legend 5
Legend 5

The Sports app is nothing to do with Now as such. By your reasoning we should get access to all the apps you have on Roku.......
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am not talking about a sports app on Roku? It was pointed out by schnapps (expert 1 ) a few posts back last night that Sky Sports News is exclusive to a Now tv box with any entertainment,kids or movies pass.My point is why? It is not really fair that someone using the Now Tv app on a Roku(not any other app) could pay £16.99  for movies and entertainment and someone on a Now tv box pays £2.99 for a kids package and gets an extra channel.By my reasoning i only have access on my Roku to channels i have paid for but for the full content

Legend 5
Legend 5

The sports app is separate ....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no the sports,movies,kids and tv are all in the same Now tv app ? i am not a tech wizard but if you follow the link from schnapps expert 1 a few post back in this thread you will be able to read the link.Again i am talking about one channel only. Sky sports news Hq which is only on one device as per the link to the Now tv help page, i had worked out to get all the sports you have to pay for them.

Legend 5
Legend 5

The link fellow customer Schnapps shared doesn't mention it is exclusive. In fact that service is available on other platforms. Though not Roku.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for finally agreeing it is not on Roku i may have mentioned that before.Also the link from schnapps says Sky sports News Hq is free to view on a Now tv box if you have a cinema,kids or entertainment pass no mention of other devices that you seem to have read in the link but i fear i am turning into Victor Meldrew trying to get my point across

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this chat all started when i said maybe we could replace the missing channels with Sky sports news & the upcoming Sky sports mix and it was pointed out by schnapps that you can already get it with a kids pass for £2.99 on a Now box but on another device you could pay £6.99 or more and not get it.Not one of your answers has said why this is fair but that was what my question was.Maybe the best answer was like i said put it in the entertainment pass  and every device would get it and it would not cost Sky a penny to do it 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unless i was mistaken or things have changed recently i was under the impression that the Sky Sports News HQ App was only available to view on the NowTV branded set top boxes only, where you need to subscribe and have an active entertainment, movies, kids or sports pass on your account ?

I thought (rightly or wrongly) that the only way to watch Sky Sports News HQ on other supported NowTV devices  (excluding YouView boxes) was by purchasing a NowTV sports pass and watching it via the Sky Sports News HQ live channel ?

With regards to  why the Roku players do not support the Sky Sports News HQ app when you have an active NowTV passes then you would need to take this up with NowTV / Roku themselves.

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team can provide some further clarification and also address / answer @Anonymous User  questions from an official NowTV stand point view.