cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

With regards to Showtime on NowTV,

@Anonymous User "Ah the Kids channel will no longer be there and two new channels the Nat Geo and Show time will be added.
No mention of Show time in my email! and in June Disney leaves too - minus 3 plus 1 in the email,
Those are the updates we have.
Ok - Nick and NickJr go, Disney going, Nat Geo Wild in and maybe Showtime in (but not proudly announced in the email!) - on balance, taking away channels isn't giving me more more more!!"

After doing some Internet searching it appears as though there will not be a Showtime channel on Sky, I think they were referring to the new exclusive deal they have with CBS regarding Showtime programming debuting on Atlantic and boxsets being made available (which explains Californication, Nurse Jackie and Dexter suddenly (re)appearing).

So they've swapped 3 kids channels for Nat Geo Wild and some extra boxsets.

Personally, these changes have made no difference to my viewing habits, I haven't missed the kids channels and I won't use Nat Geo Wild (or Viceland for that matter), so i'm still paying for the content I was using before.  I get that Syfy (far and away my preferred new option) is too expensive for it to be a viable addition, from sky's point of view, but why can't they do a deal with UKTV to bring us W and Alibi, they already have Gold?

If it were up to me I'd ditch Nat Geo and Viceland before they really get started and include Syfy, W, Alibi, Universal and (cheekily) Sky Sports News and I'd happly pay £10-£12 per month - but that will never happen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went with Now tv as i could not have a dish due to being in a flat but also the price point was a good option as i imagine

it is for a lot of people and that is what has made Now Tv a success.But at that price point you are not going to get the full

channel line ups although you do get a mix of entertainment & documentry that is not in the basic Sky package.

In the future i think Sky will have to think about making Now Tv more like their satelitte offerings as that is the way things are going.I do agree a channel such as Watch or Alibi or even both could have been added as they seem to be in most basic cable packages or add syfy,Tcm etc within a new priced pass.

I do think they are missing a trick by not offering Sky sports news as this would work as a preview channel and would lead people to take out a sports pass ,hopefully they may offer the upcoming Sky sports mix channel for the same reason

lenturn
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User wrote:
                    I do think they are missing a trick by not offering Sky sports news as this would work as a preview channel and would lead people to take out a sports pass ,hopefully they may offer the upcoming Sky sports mix channel for the same reason

If you use a NOW TV box then you DO get SSN as an added bonus with any pass, so hopefully the same will go for SSM when it launches.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have tried sky sports news on a roku app and it tells me to activate a sports pass,unless i am doing something wrong

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I was under the impression that the Sky Sports News HQ app was exclusive only to the NowTV boxes (not Roku players) if you had an active entertainment, movies, kids or sports pass.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sky-Sports-News-HQ-app-on-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

thanks for that but seems unfair when i pay for entertainment and films and the only difference is a one off payment for what is normally a discounted offer on a Now box .So someone who has a Now box and pays for one pass gets something that people who pay for two passes on another box do not.Does not seem fair or even good marketing in my opinion

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi

thanks for that but seems unfair when i pay for entertainment and films and the only difference is a one off payment for what is normally a discounted offer on a Now box .So someone who has a Now box and pays for one pass gets something that people who pay for two passes on another box do not.Does not seem fair or even good marketing in my opinion

It seems like very good marketing as it is likely to encourage people to get Now TV boxes. Generally you can get the box with a pass for about the same as the pass on its own or sometimes for less (check out Amazon)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

but if you already have a Roku and want to add Now tv why should you pay the same and get less.Sky also part own Roku so its not like they lose out if you buy a Roku box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did not realise until recently  (when grandchildren stayed) that they had changed the live TV channel line-up included with the original entertainment pass.
The children’s channels are now only available on a separate additional pass! The most popular children’s channel for us were Disney & Nickelodeon and Disney is no longer available even with the additional pass!
The original line-up was a very good mix and represented very good value for average families, it was what first attracted us to NowTV. It is a great shame and pity that they have moved the goalposts and decided to change the line-up as, if we were now to purchase the additional children’s pass it is no longer viable and ceases to be good value since there remains better, cost effective and wider choice alternatives for similar cost.
It may be that these changes were seen as a way to stealthily increase income and there is no reason to assume that other similar moves might be introduced by them in the future but it is nevertheless a great shame as the service started well and we were generally very pleased with it and so we are very disappointed that it has been spoiled so early on for what appears to be extra profit.
Consequently I have cancelled my pass. It is also unlikely that I will renew in the future as I have rather lost trust in them, besides I will probably have commited to an better alternative anyway. I wonder how many other customers they are losing and if NowTV think it was worth it for a few extra quid profit?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I did not realise until recently  (when grandchildren stayed) that they had changed the live TV channel line-up included with the original entertainment pass.
The children’s channels are now only available on a separate additional pass! The most popular children’s channel for us were Disney & Nickelodeon and Disney is no longer available even with the additional pass!

I wonder how many other customers they are losing and if NowTV think it was worth it for a few extra quid profit?

I guess it depends on how often and how long the grand children stay, but you could get the kids pass trial for a couple of weeks in the summer.  I haven't done that as my kids haven't missed these channels and are enjoying the extra movies that have appeared since Sky Cinema expanded its offering.  For some, a kids pass at £3/month is a better option than paying £7/month for entertainment which they only get for the new season of Game of Thrones.   I doubt they lose many customers and many will just pay the extra £3/month if they want it for the kids.