cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I agree the new channel and upcoming channel so far are both erm disappointing to me to say the least. Wouldn't have expected a solid 3 premium replacements, would have settled for 1!

Legend 5
Legend 5

Has anyone seen a postivie reaction to Viceland coming on the forums?  I have seen some positive to Nat Geo Wild. (though with Nat Geo Wild does seem a bit of a Leah and Rachel situation- you get the less attractive channel)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268  can't say that I have, but it's hardly surprising if you visit their websiteSmiley Surprised

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

Has anyone seen a postivie reaction to Viceland coming on the forums?  

Lol... What's not to be negative Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @4268 I must be getting old because looking at the website, I just don't understand how it's even a channel.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do not mind loosing the children's channels personally, and nat geo feel like a reasonable addition but I would like more than one new channel for the many I am loosing.  

I also dont don't really care for that itv channel so I'd happily loose that too in favour for something better. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So NowTV Twitter account finally got back to me after several weeks  ago asking me to let them know details of the passes they have so they can 'look into it'.

They've now replaied sayign that they cant offer me any compensation for the 14 months of entertainment passes I have and now no longer want and cant comment further on the issue.

I contacted Argos about one of my 6 month passes I purchased from them and they don't want to know.

I'm pretty disgusted by the whole thing, it's a shame that we live in a world where big companies can act this way and nothing can be done about it.

Oh well, I'll just have to take the hit and move on, Sky have lost a customer forever now, not that they give a ######.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This unfortnately just plays into their hands.

Fight it and do what i've done - report it to trading standards instead, in accordance with section 11.7 of the "unfair consumer contract terms"  guidance.

Make sure you keep the outer sleeve of the retail boxes as they show Nick and Nick Jr were shown to be included, therefore when they were removed, it's no longer "as described".

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm pretty disgusted by the whole thing, it's a shame that we live in a world where big companies can act this way and nothing can be done about it.

In the big wide world of media distribution, "channels are subject to change...". Nothing stands still or is set in stone!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User why not try selling them on eBay to get your money back for any passes you have not yet applied.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.