cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd love to know where someone switching to an alternative provider is going to get the six kids channels for £2.99 a month, and not be locked into a contract.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'd love to know where someone switching to an alternative provider is going to get the six kids channels for £2.99 a month, and not be locked into a contract.

Hi @Anonymous User

Certainly not BT there increasing the price of their kids channels to 4 pounds per month and of course you're tied into a contract and you have to have their broadband as well.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/bt-tv-kids-music-price-rise#

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The loss of Disney altogether - not on kids pass either - is huge loss. Replacing with cbbc stuff that's available elsewhere anyway isn't great. I don't expect to pay £6.99 for ever, but these changes look bad at an early stage.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

how come the only channels that seem to be coming to entertainment package are documentry channels. we will have 3 channels in the summer. not everyone watches documentries.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User they can however get packages from TV player that include kids channels for less than having kids plus Entertainment. For a lot of families you are now talking nearly £10 a month for both. Neither Amazon nor Netflix offer live TV. TV player plus has limited catch up, it has a couple of channels in common with Now but none of the Sky channels.
@Anonymous User they have a new channel called Viceland coming. I personally don't like the sound of it from a Google search. I don't however know what TV you like.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268, I've tried the basic (non premium channels) TV player and wasn't over enamoured with the picture quality it seemed poorer quality than any of now TV, Netflix or Amazon. Looking at the range of channels on the 'premium' version, that didnt seem too impressive either.

Having said that, I agree that Viceland doesn't sound too good!
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User TVplayer and Now make a good supplement to my Virgin service, would have to pay extra £18 to get comedy central, H2 and History. Get those for at most £11.98 a month, usually less with passes. I also have both Amazon and Netflix. I find all have unique content.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Sky.

Please share the research that showed that people wanted those new channels over the kids channels......

In my honest opinion yet another scam to get more money from us paying customers.  I would have thought that the whole point of the entertainment package is to entertain, and thats the whole family  (Kids included), not just adult programs.  Looks like a government policy.  Just because we have kids do you think we should pay more?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User, to be fair (and not research I know) but two of the threads on the front page of the ideas section are 1. Less kids content on entertainment pass and 2. A separate kids pass. So there has actually been demand from this( albeit from the likely small cross section of users who post there). There's some who would prefer extended adults (as opposed to adult erm Viceland?!) content and I can sort of understand the reasoning. However for me, they've removed some channels I never watch and added some channels I never watch, so no real difference / benefit. Using vouchers though means the most someone would need to pay is £7.99 which isn't bad, all said.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me the hope with the separate kids pass would be that a decent channel e.g. Universal or Syfy would be added & not some 3rd rate, cheap channel of limited appealSmiley Surprised  Obviosuly the latter come at a cost & the move towards the separate kids pass is really just a price increase overallSmiley Surprised