cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Typical Sky. Let's screw the little guys. Give us some new channels not just Nat Geo Wild
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a shame we are losing the Disney channel, when I saw the announcement I was hoping we would get Disney Jr and XD added to the kids one but no luck.

I also noticed the small print looks like the free 3 month trial will automatically start a rolling sub if you don't cancel it, may be worth people watching out for!

I'm also hoping they make a Now TV box locked to the kids pass, it would be really useful but otherwise the pass doesn't look that great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the idea of a split package is not a bad idea to me but a replacement of the 3 channels is needed.I would think Watch would be a cheaper option for sky to add or Tcm or universal could be other choices there has also been mentiond over the last few weeks of a Showtime channel coming to sky and by the summer they are due to launch a sports channel that can be accessed across all there packages outside of sports called Sky Sports Mix but no news of it coming to Now tv ,so it could be a good time for people to ask.What would be a help on cost would be a reduction on price for having more then one package i.e add the childrens package for half price or pay full price as a package on its own if you dont want the entertainment pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree on the replacement channels bit @Anonymous User there should be something to balance things up. I really don't see me ever clicking on Nat Geo Wild, reading up on the content, feels like filler really. (The other possible future channel sounds worse tho 🙂

They must have saved a fair bit losing Disney. And moving the other kids channels to a separately paid service, means effectively a fairly large percentage price increase in relation to what is now being delivered.

IDLE AND UNFOUNDED SPECULATION ALERT:
That said, my theory is the new 'package' option in our accounts, which currently does nothing, means there will be more subdivisions to come. Then grouping these into packages almost like Sky packages. My bet is they will divide entertainment into basic and premium, where basic may be cheaper than at the moment but not by much, but which loses the big hitters like Sky Atlantic, which would be on premium which would be a fair bit more expensive than we're currently paying. I hope not, but I just have this feeling...that if I want to watch Season 7 of Game of thrones and Season 4 of the Blacklist, it will involve paying significantly more than at present.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can i suggest to attract some attention to the thread you edit the title and add to the beginning

-ADMINS please read and Escalate to sky

you might actually get some response about it - but i doubt it 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder how long till the price of the entertainment goes up to something like £9.99 a month?

People moaning about having the cartoon channels but the cost of those are minimal compared to the likes of Sci-Fi etc. Explains why Nation Geo Wild and eventually Viceland are NOW TV's replacement choices for those channels.

Replace channels that I don't want with channels that I don't want, but at least i'm not paying for channels I don't want lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I wonder how long till the price of the entertainment goes up to something like £9.99 a month?

People moaning about having the cartoon channels but the cost of those are minimal compared to the likes of Sci-Fi etc. Explains why Nation Geo Wild and eventually Viceland are NOW TV's replacement choices for those channels.

Replace channels that I don't want with channels that I don't want, but at least i'm not paying for channels I don't want lol

I can see the entertainment package price going up too, but if they are to get up to £9.99 and still remain popular with cordcutters and those making the move from freeview they are going to need to add a few more premium channels and not just fillers like they have done with the removal of kids content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest, I don't think insulting other forum members by suggesting they are anything less than genuine is on, whether you agree with their viewpoint or not @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Typical Murdoch ripoff, the Entertainment pass has already gone from £4.99 to £6.99 and now three channels are being removed in an excuse that parents don't do their job and need Sky to do it for them.

Well, I have enough content elsewhere and as I can't remember the last time Sky made a show worth watching which wasn't bought in from elsewhere there is no reason to keep Now TV.  It's easier to explain to my three year old daughter that we don't have the kids channels on the Now TV app because of a horrible greedy old man, I might watch Scrooge again but he saw the error of his ways and became kind at the end which will never happen with a Murdoch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only just found out about this today after receiving a letter in the post, no emails at all.

We have Now TV in the kitchen where we normally watch entertainment channels and the kids watch a little of Nick Jr upstairs in the bedroom.

So in a nutshell we will have to shell out an extra £2.99 to continue our current viewing habits which is just under a 50% price hike! At least D*ck Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people.

Disney Junior in kids pack might have been a sweetener but that still dosn't offset the loss from the entertainment pack. As it stands I think I'll switch to an alternative provider... Bye bye.