cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been quite a few things on Amazon Prime that we've enjoyed

The money I would have paid for TV licence goes a long way towards paying for Amazon, Netflix and NowTV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok,  let's get one thing straight even without the new pass we would have seen Disney go.  That would have left people with two kids channels.   Instead they now have the choice between none and 6 channels.  It is in the public domain that the smart box has freeview.  I don't know however if the restrictions on the kid pass as per the blog means that kids will not be able to access Freeview on a smart box.   

It will be interesting to see if Now issues gift cards for the kids content.  An obvious venue would be Toys R US in my opinion.  Say perhaps £15 for 6 months (as their other gift cards are £15 or £25)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

oops. you do know you have to have a tv licence with Now TV.  if you watch live TV no matter how broadcast you reqire one. Also guys what's all the fuss BBC, ITV and other services have seperated Kid's TV from regular TV for a while now in fact the Beep only show childrens shows on dedicated channels. £2.99 might hurt some but the majory will either pay it or simply not botter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just a follow up to my previuous post. There is a loophole in the law that states if you only watch on demand services you do not need a TV Licence however this loophole is about to be closed as it is unfair to the honest people of this country. Now TV is not a on demand service it provides on demand content, but it is a service privider like Sky (dish), Virgin, BT etc. hope this clears things up. Regards Alan

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  I am puzzled how is it dishonest to only use on demand tv?    That is what you are implying in this.  Now (on demand) /ITV hub et al (excl Iplayer)/NetFlix/Amazon Prime are all legitimate services for people to use without a licence. I fail to see how it is "unfair to the honest people".  For the record I have a licence.

@Anonymous User wrote:

just a follow up to my previuous post. There is a loophole in the law that states if you only watch on demand services you do not need a TV Licence however this loophole is about to be closed as it is unfair to the honest people of this country. Now TV is not a on demand service it provides on demand content, but it is a service privider like Sky (dish), Virgin, BT etc. hope this clears things up. Regards Alan

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

that is not how it is meant and it was writtern with a light harted intent if you're insulted I appoligise. The problem with the iplayer and now itv hub is they were intended to be on demand service only, however these items now allow you to watch live channel broadcast, which means when someone who says they only watch iplayer and so on you can't prove you are only watching on demand, and it has been seen as a way of watching tv without a licence and this is the loophole that is going to be closed. Now TV has a duty to send the your details to whoever it is when you subscribe to there service as you require a TV licence to use the service. as I said earlier Now TV is a service provider not a pure on demand provider, I think although please correct me Amazon is pure on demand content provider. kind regards

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

that is not how it is meant and it was writtern with a light harted intent if you're insulted I appoligise. The problem with the iplayer and now itv hub is they were intended to be on demand service only, however these items now allow you to watch live channel broadcast, which means when someone who says they only watch iplayer and so on you can't prove you are only watching on demand, and it has been seen as a way of watching tv without a licence and this is the loophole that is going to be closed. Now TV has a duty to send the your details to whoever it is when you subscribe to there service as you require a TV licence to use the service. as I said earlier Now TV is a service provider not a pure on demand provider, I think although please correct me Amazon is pure on demand content provider. kind regards

@Anonymous User don't worry, there is no offence takenSmiley Happy

Although I have just noticed mistake. My dictation software made. I meant to say OnDemand loophole not 'undermanned'. I have a condition which affects my hands and makes me a slow typist, so as a result I use dictation software, but sometimes this software can make mistakes sometimes with hilarious results. I must admit

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

oops. you do know you have to have a tv licence with Now TV.  if you watch live TV no matter how broadcast you reqire one. Also guys what's all the fuss BBC, ITV and other services have seperated Kid's TV from regular TV for a while now in fact the Beep only show childrens shows on dedicated channels. £2.99 might hurt some but the majory will either pay it or simply not botter.

Hi ,@Anonymous User

To clarify, you need a TV licence to watch now TV is live/linear channels. You don't need a TV licence to watch now TVs demand content.

Although I should point out that the law is going to be changed shortly so that a TV licence is required to watch BBC iPlayer content and that's because the TV licence funds everything the BBC does including iPlayer, so the OnDemand loophole is going to be closed, at least with regard to the BBC. This is one of those situations where they have got you either way, I'm afraid.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI commander6, please don't take offense but is that not what I just wrote. LOL Smiley Very Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

HI commander6, please don't take offense but is that not what I just wrote. LOL Smiley Very Happy

Hi@Anonymous User 

No offence taken . Smiley Happy

okay, that is exactly what he said I've just reread your post realised I miss read it the first time. Smiley Sad 

Maybe I need to go and have another cup of coffee before I start posting on the forum today Smiley LOL

It will be interesting to see how people react to the undermanned loophole been closed with regard to BBC content. I think a lot of people will think that the change in the law is not enforceable/traceable, but it's a lot more enforceable than people think. In this day and age, so the powers that be will catch up with you if you don't have a licence.