cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too be honest i think it's very brave of Now TV to implement these changes which is basically a price increase however you look at it and it's not like anybody is tied to a 12 or 18 months contract like they are with Sky TV and it's just a few mouse clicks to cancel subscriptions if changes are made that nobody likes which is almost instant rather than have to fulfil their contractual obligations.

I've noticed there hasn't been any official response to the concerns of people in these forums, i would like to think that they aren't just going to ignore the issue as i personally think it's a great service and don't want to see bad judgement ruin that.

Lets hope they listen to users concerns and have a rethink !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Too be honest i think it's very brave of Now TV to implement these changes which is basically a price increase however you look at it and it's not like anybody is tied to a 12 or 18 months contract like they are with Sky TV and it's just a few mouse clicks to cancel subscriptions if changes are made that nobody likes which is almost instant rather than have to fulfil their contractual obligations.

I've noticed there hasn't been any official response to the concerns of people in these forums, i would like to think that they aren't just going to ignore the issue as i personally think it's a great service and don't want to see bad judgement ruin that.

You will probably find that the majority of their customer base won't be bothered by this change, its still cheaper to have these premium channels than with any other provider and it doesn't hold you to a contract.

We got the entertainment option mainly to cover the kids channels, I'm personally thrilled that I can get 6 premium kids channels for £36 per year. You can't get these channels cheaper anywhere else as a standalone product. I'd have loved the Disney channels to be part of the deal, but its not the end of the world 🙂 

I may now just dip in and out of the entertainment as and when there is something that appeals. 

Which other services allow you to get entertainment, kids and sky movies for less than £20 a month and even less with prepaid vouchers?

Sky may lose a few customers, but I'm sure they will pick up even more with the kids package.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The following is the text of a chat with a helpline agent earlier -

just had an email advising me of changes to NOW tv
Hi good evening!
hi  the email says - We’re always working to bring you great entertainment, and give you the flexibility to get the TV you want without the bits you don’t. As ever, we’ll keep on working to bring you more, more, more on NOW TV. reading the email, you are adding 1 channel but I will be losing 3 channels in the next month ...... not sure that those two statements placed side by side add up!! Overall I'll be down 2 channels but the price is the same - how is that better?
And what is the price?
staying at 6.99
That is the charge for the NOW TV Entertainment Month ass. (sic)
correct - but the email saying "As ever, we’ll keep on working to bring you more, more, more on NOW TV" is actually saying that we are reducing the number of channels you will get but keeping the price the same!!
Ah the Kids channel will no longer be there and two new channels the Nat Geo and Show time will be added.
No mention of Show time in my email! and in June Disney leaves too - minus 3 plus 1 in the email,
Those are the updates we have.
Ok - Nick and NickJr go, Disney going, Nat Geo Wild in and maybe Showtime in (but not proudly announced in the email!) - on balance, taking away channels isn't giving me more more more!!
I'll help you with the details.
but we can always pay more more more to get the new kids channel (which has the channels we used to have plus more more more!!)
The New channel is only for £2.99 per month.
ah, that's alright then - oh, hang on ........ I end up paying you more - and I don't get as much as I used to get on the entertainment pass - that's not quite fair!!
 it is business decision. Before you take the subscription there is a free trial too.
yep, shame it's never a customer decision!! It's the false statements of working hard to bring us more more more - and playing down the it'll cost you more more more too part!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

You will probably find that the majority of their customer base won't be bothered by this change, its still cheaper to have these premium channels than with any other provider and it doesn't hold you to a contract.

We got the entertainment option mainly to cover the kids channels, I'm personally thrilled that I can get 6 premium kids channels for £36 per year. You can't get these channels cheaper anywhere else as a standalone product. I'd have loved the Disney channels to be part of the deal, but its not the end of the world 🙂 

I may now just dip in and out of the entertainment as and when there is something that appeals. 

Which other services allow you to get entertainment, kids and sky movies for less than £20 a month and even less with prepaid vouchers?

Sky may lose a few customers, but I'm sure they will pick up even more with the kids package.

Well i cancelled my movies and entertainment packages last night  which is the equivalent of £16.98 a month so they will need at least 5 new subscribers to the kids package just to replace me and if they have subscribers who have the entertainment package just for the kids channels they will now be able to downgrade from £6.99 per month to £2.99 per month.

Anyway at the end of the day it doesn't look like they care less now Tom-R has retired and not even responding to anybody's concerns is pretty unprofessional and it's nearly summer time and i hardly watch tv anyway - Companies always get to greedy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankfully with the likes of TV PLAYER there is an alternative to NOW TV.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well i cancelled my movies and entertainment packages last night  which is the equivalent of £16.98 a month so they will need at least 5 new subscribers to the kids package just to replace me and if they have subscribers who have the entertainment package just for the kids channels they will now be able to downgrade from £6.99 per month to £2.99 per month.

Anyway at the end of the day it doesn't look like they care less now Tom-R has retired and not even responding to anybody's concerns is pretty unprofessional and it's nearly summer time and i hardly watch tv anyway - Companies always get to greedy !

@Anonymous User Tom is now working somewhere else. He did say to everybody  he was leaving at the beginning of April 

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Some-news/m-p/359873#M2569

Anyway, it's not the people who are in nowTV help but make these decisions. It's the people higher up the chain now TV help just deal with the aftermath

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User Tom is now working somewhere else. He did say to everybody  he was leaving at the beginning of April 

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Some-news/m-p/359873#M2569

Anyway, it's not the people who are in nowTV help but make these decisions. It's the people higher up the chain now TV help just deal with the aftermath

Thanks @commanda6 i took a short break from these forums and didn't realise he had left until yesterday. He will be missed by me as he was probably the best forum moderator i have ever come across, most are power crazy idiots who have no idea how to deal with people, but he was a top guy and a very rare find !

@Anonymous User = shill (something doesn't quite add up) 🙂

Time to move on i guess - cya

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

When companies make these kinds of changes, they always expect churn and will have accounted for this when developing the new kids package 🙂

I'd be surprised if they lose even 1% of their customer base with this change!

They have probably already replaced your £16.98 and then some since you cancelled, netflix will have had churn when they put their prices up and I'm sure the same will happen at TV Player when they expand their Plus package and add extra packs. 

Good luck with whatever package you pickup elsewhere 🙂 P.s Amazon Prime is now available monthly so that's another option to consider.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Been using Amazon Prime for a while now and do have to say its rather good, however Now Tv always gets the most viewing in our house.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc wrote:

Been using Amazon Prime for a while now and do have to say its rather good, however Now Tv always gets the most viewing in our house.

I do like some of their original content, the man in the high castle was very good viewing and I can thank them for my addiction to Arrow 🙂