cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Intead of a pound price increase (that would have been 14% increase) we got 2.99 price increase (that is a 43% increase). Again, I do not see how those percentage increase can possibly be considered fair when inflation is practically zero.

Your £2.99 price increase is including more content though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldnt have minded it going up, if they'd explained that more content or features was coming, but they did the opposite, I'll be paying the same for less, effectively paying more.

I'm not going to be buying any more passes for NowTV, this is the final straw. Frankly my kids can do without Nick Jr and I'm happy to just buy them the DVD's of the ones they want and rip them to my server and stream to my Apple TV, the creators of the shows probably get more of a cut from that anyway, so I can feel better knowing I'm supporting them more.

Now TV just feels so amateur these days, I'll happily sit there watching Netflix enjoying the Full HD picture and DD 5.1, then switch to Now TV and have to put up with 720p and 2.1 audio (and yes there is a massive differnce when I have my projector on).

I imagine that when 1080p and/or DD 5.1 do come, that's when we'll see a price hike. Or they'll pull a Sky Q and release a new NowTV box that you need to watch it, and then charge more to access the higher quality.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The entertainment package will have LESS content on June 22nd than it has now.

They are taking three channels away, adding one and promising one more later: I can not possibly see how anyone could claim that keeping the same price is fair.

The Entertainment Pass will have fewer live channels and less catch up content.  But it will have more boxsets available for longer.

As the price is remaining the same, this will be an improvement for customers who never watched kids content.  But it will be a loss for people who watched content for both kids and grown-ups on the Entertainment Pass.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue here is not content but price.  If there were a price reduction along with the removal of the kids content, you wouldn't hear complaints. The reason people are complaining is that it constitutes a price increase from 6.99 to 9.98. (and I realise nowtv added two free channels to their kids package, or what not - hardly 43% more value for a 43% price increase)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Minus the disney channel as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm pretty happy with this move.  I was concerned that NowTV would try and remove Sky Atlantic or one/more of the proper channels at some point this year and make it some form of premium add-on.  Pleased to see they've gone for a softer target...  people with children.  Parents will pay the premium...  kids will get to watch more tv and avoid going outside...  and I won't have to moan publicly on forums.  Seems to me to be a win, win, win situation.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... I'm very pleased that the Kids content is moving out of the 'Entertainment' pack and into it's own pack. In my opinion it should never have been in there in the first place Smiley LOL

Now people with kids can buy a cheap box with a cheap pass and let them get-on with it 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was all in favour of a separate kids pass as I thought it would benefit both customers with and without kids.  By removing kids channels & replacing it with 1 "non premium" channel, NOW TV have succeeded in pleasing very few customers IMO.  Very disappointing move NOW TV -  a step backwards & not forwards IMO.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whatever Now TV do there are going to be people that disagree.  I still think that even with the changes it provides value for money and will still form the majority of the viewing in our house.  People may decide that they want to go for TV Player plus however that is not without it's issues, we had a trial of that on our EE TV box and we experienced quite a number of quality issues, particularly with the sync of picture and sound, plus on TV boxes some of the major channels are not available.  BT TV which has also been mentioned has also also has it's childrens channels in a separate package.

We are all going to have different views on this depedning on our personal circumstances.  I personally think it gives flexibility and think as I tend to buy 5 month vouchers even if I take the kids pack at £2.99 (who knows they may even offer cheaper 3 or 5 month vouchers for this) at £7.99 for the combined channels it is still great value for some superb channels, that we can watch on 2 boxes at the same time, plus box sets that you do not get on the basic sky package, delivered to us in a quality service (I know some people do experience issues however I am pleased to say we do not).  In my view keep up the good work guys, Now TV is evolving (they did consult on the kids section too) and will continue to do so, we have supported since day one and I must admit will continue to do so...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had now tv pretty much since day 1 . Think the product and the idea is great .
However now tv you have got this one wrong in my opinion. I no what we will do is try a squeeze a few more pounds out of the parents and make children upset if they don't have their fab channel.
Look it what ever way you want . Loose channels and gain a Chanel which lets face it not many people will watch . We're is the since is this move . Think you will be losing my custom!