cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

Can i suggest to attract some attention to the thread you edit the title and add to the beginning

-ADMINS please read and Escalate to sky

you might actually get some response about it - but i doubt it 😞

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder how long till the price of the entertainment goes up to something like £9.99 a month?

People moaning about having the cartoon channels but the cost of those are minimal compared to the likes of Sci-Fi etc. Explains why Nation Geo Wild and eventually Viceland are NOW TV's replacement choices for those channels.

Replace channels that I don't want with channels that I don't want, but at least i'm not paying for channels I don't want lol

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I wonder how long till the price of the entertainment goes up to something like £9.99 a month?

People moaning about having the cartoon channels but the cost of those are minimal compared to the likes of Sci-Fi etc. Explains why Nation Geo Wild and eventually Viceland are NOW TV's replacement choices for those channels.

Replace channels that I don't want with channels that I don't want, but at least i'm not paying for channels I don't want lol

I can see the entertainment package price going up too, but if they are to get up to £9.99 and still remain popular with cordcutters and those making the move from freeview they are going to need to add a few more premium channels and not just fillers like they have done with the removal of kids content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Now TV is removing the kids channels AND keeping the same price for the entertainment package without any new content.

They've added a new channel, have one coming in the future and the boxset catalogue has grown so much that it broke my script reading all of them.

The entertainment package will have LESS content on June 22nd than it has now.

They are taking three channels away, adding one and promising one more later: I can not possibly see how anyone could claim that keeping the same price is fair.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User whilst there will be a decrease in live TV, the number of boxsets has continued to go up each month, often with content lasting for a lot longer than before.

I'd have expected that if there weren't any changes this year, we'd have seen a pound price rise anyway.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The entertainment package will have LESS content on June 22nd than it has now.

They are taking three channels away, adding one and promising one more later: I can not possibly see how anyone could claim that keeping the same price is fair.

The Entertainment Pass will have fewer live channels and less catch up content.  But it will have more boxsets available for longer.

As the price is remaining the same, this will be an improvement for customers who never watched kids content.  But it will be a loss for people who watched content for both kids and grown-ups on the Entertainment Pass.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User whilst there will be a decrease in live TV, the number of boxsets has continued to go up each month, often with content lasting for a lot longer than before.

I'd have expected that if there weren't any changes this year, we'd have seen a pound price rise anyway.

Intead of a pound price increase (that would have been 14% increase) we got 2.99 price increase (that is a 43% increase). Again, I do not see how those percentage increase can possibly be considered fair when inflation is practically zero.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wouldnt have minded it going up, if they'd explained that more content or features was coming, but they did the opposite, I'll be paying the same for less, effectively paying more.

I'm not going to be buying any more passes for NowTV, this is the final straw. Frankly my kids can do without Nick Jr and I'm happy to just buy them the DVD's of the ones they want and rip them to my server and stream to my Apple TV, the creators of the shows probably get more of a cut from that anyway, so I can feel better knowing I'm supporting them more.

Now TV just feels so amateur these days, I'll happily sit there watching Netflix enjoying the Full HD picture and DD 5.1, then switch to Now TV and have to put up with 720p and 2.1 audio (and yes there is a massive differnce when I have my projector on).

I imagine that when 1080p and/or DD 5.1 do come, that's when we'll see a price hike. Or they'll pull a Sky Q and release a new NowTV box that you need to watch it, and then charge more to access the higher quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Intead of a pound price increase (that would have been 14% increase) we got 2.99 price increase (that is a 43% increase). Again, I do not see how those percentage increase can possibly be considered fair when inflation is practically zero.

Your £2.99 price increase is including more content though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Too be honest i think it's very brave of Now TV to implement these changes which is basically a price increase however you look at it and it's not like anybody is tied to a 12 or 18 months contract like they are with Sky TV and it's just a few mouse clicks to cancel subscriptions if changes are made that nobody likes which is almost instant rather than have to fulfil their contractual obligations.

I've noticed there hasn't been any official response to the concerns of people in these forums, i would like to think that they aren't just going to ignore the issue as i personally think it's a great service and don't want to see bad judgement ruin that.

Lets hope they listen to users concerns and have a rethink !

You will probably find that the majority of their customer base won't be bothered by this change, its still cheaper to have these premium channels than with any other provider and it doesn't hold you to a contract.

We got the entertainment option mainly to cover the kids channels, I'm personally thrilled that I can get 6 premium kids channels for £36 per year. You can't get these channels cheaper anywhere else as a standalone product. I'd have loved the Disney channels to be part of the deal, but its not the end of the world 🙂 

I may now just dip in and out of the entertainment as and when there is something that appeals. 

Which other services allow you to get entertainment, kids and sky movies for less than £20 a month and even less with prepaid vouchers?

Sky may lose a few customers, but I'm sure they will pick up even more with the kids package.

Well i cancelled my movies and entertainment packages last night  which is the equivalent of £16.98 a month so they will need at least 5 new subscribers to the kids package just to replace me and if they have subscribers who have the entertainment package just for the kids channels they will now be able to downgrade from £6.99 per month to £2.99 per month.

Anyway at the end of the day it doesn't look like they care less now Tom-R has retired and not even responding to anybody's concerns is pretty unprofessional and it's nearly summer time and i hardly watch tv anyway - Companies always get to greedy !