cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again this is another price increase to access content that we currently paying for. I watch only 4 channels on NowTv ( Sky,Sky Atlantic,FOX and Nick Jr) so to access the same content going forward it cost me another £3 per month. Also CBBC,Ceebies and MilkShake content can be accessed for free using the Apps on the NowTv Box

And I can't understand the statements that kids content has no place in an Entertainment pack, it call entertainment and should suits all ages as it currently does. I am sure there plenty people using NowTv who don't watch all the channels.

Now Amazon Prime Video is looking like a good alternative to this now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think the issue is more for those who are mid package. You can't sell someone a pie then demand half of it back whilst they're eating it then demand more cash to get the half eaten pie back....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Received official notification of the change via email, four months free kids pass is great 🙂

I assume that's because we have prepaid for 5 months on the entertainment plan, either way that's a nice gesture for something I was waiting to pay for on launch day anyway 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled the pass. I thought Sky we're learning from the many people leaving the main satellite service for the free IPTV alternatives!

Looks like someone in management at Sky has a lot to learn about the way the Internet and TV are now working. Long gone are the days of Sky's monopoly. 

One last thing... I would like to see a make your own package option. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is still pretty decent but I can't say I am over the moon that the Kid's section has gone to another package. I enjoy many of the Sky 1 / Sky Arts / Sky Atlantic / Fox shows but I also enjoy the Disney Channel. As the Kid's package doesn't appear to have the Disney channel, so I won't be bothering with that, even it is a reasonably priced 2.99.

The addition of Nat Geo Wild is pointless for me (but I guess some people enjoy that channel) and as a lot of people have pointed out here, the SF channel would have been a better choice or even Alibi perhaps or Lifetime

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a complete joke, the 2 channels we watch in our house the most (almost exclusively) are Sky Atlantic and Nick JR, and now I have to pay more to access Nick Jr.

I for one will not be buying any more passes, I already have 4 or 5 waiting to be used and now I'm only getting half of the content (that I will use) that I paid for when I bought them.

Where do we stand legally with this? If I've purchased a NowTV box with an entertainment pass and it's channels advertised on the box and then when I set it up 3 of the channels are missing, can anything be done to get a refund?

Then again, this is Sky we're talking about, I should have known it was too good to be true, and coupled with the fact we still have no 1080p or 5.1 audio, I think I'll soon be an ex-customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Typical Sky, get you subscribed and then split the packages. I have a three year old so I've got until June 21st to explain that we won't have the channels due to a bunch of money grabbing Jeremy Hunts.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

for me its more a case of somebody trying to squeeze more money out of me - rather than the actual loss of the channels - as there are other providers (while its still very irritating). My kids love playing outside which is great - but the channels come into their own when its really heavy rain or cold etc.

I am very familiar with the analysis industry - The principle of Sky removing and entertainment package is totally about money however they want to spin it, you can pretty much guarantee someone has sat there and gone - we need to increase our profit by 40% or whatever and then thought up how to accomplish this increase.

just very disappointed with sky now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wrote this in the beginning of 2015 when it was first suggested in the suggestions 

"So we are suggesting we split up the entertainment pack into separate genres of pass children/adult. So now we would now be paying twice for our desired content at probably twice the current expense? Why are we suggesting this? I would like more adult channels and because I also have children would welcome more children's channels but I would not be happy paying more. Take a look at Netflix it does not split its content up into separate genres of passes one pass encompasses all of its entertainment. Yes I know it does not have live channels as a score in Now TVs favour, but more boxsets and content probably more than sways back in netflix's favour"

I knew this would happen, so I have cancelled my entrainment package, and I will not be renewing my movie pass once my offer has expired.

Adios sky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my movie package today and it expires in 3 days. My entertainment pass runs until 21st October but if I'm honest I wish I could get my five months back as had I known NOW TV were going to take away channels and charge me more to get them back then I wouldn't have purchased the six month entertainment pass.