cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been trying to cancel my monthly pass for entertainment now for two days and i have tried on 3 devices to do so but nothing is working and have also tried to contact your customer services as well but nothing is working, i would like the pass to cancel as soon as possible, thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Rob, as this is an open fourm we will take this into your personal account privately, expect an email from us soon 🙂 

Thanks the Nowtv Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disappointed that there's going to be another price increase (I think this is the second one since around the time the Kids section separated?). I really don't see why it's warranted, very little has changed since the price was £5.99 (with the Kids section included). NOW TV really need to start adding more content and more channels. Offering the Kids section as a bundle if you subscribe to both the Entertainment and Movies (it looks lie we might be losing Star Wars and some Disney/Marvel content in the future as well?) might be a good offer. The Kids content is pretty stagnant and a lot of the shows' box sets are incomplete.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter of the service, but when prices rise, I'd like to see a reason for it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Why don't you go down the voucher route (like a few members on here do) rather than paying the full price ?

You can buy a 3 month entertainment voucher pass for around £15 which works out a £5 per month rather than paying £7.99 each month.

Been using the NowTV service for over two years and always use the vouchers, you be surprised how much you save over time.

If NowTV discontinued the vouchers, then i might have to seriously consider cancelling their service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do use vouchers for the Entertainment pass (I have far too many boxes!), I'm nearly through my current pass, so I'm hoping to pick up a 6 month pass from one of the supermarkets. But I've only seen shorter ones during recent visits.

huxley123
Scholar 2

I've just had an email stating that despite me not signing up to an Entertainment Pass, NOW TV has signed me up anyway.

"We can see that although you’ve activated your shiny new Box, it looks like you might’ve had some trouble redeeming the voucher that came with it. To help you get up and running, we’ve applied the voucher to your account for you, so you’re all set to start enjoying your Pass right away.
At the end of your pre-paid period, your Month Pass will automatically renew at the standard price. You can cancel at any time by going to My Account and My Passes."

Can they legally do that?

I'd certainly challenge the credit card payment if they took any money.

ukbobboy
Legend

@huxley123 @Karl-F

Well H

You said, "I've just had an email stating that despite me not signing up to an Entertainment Pass, NOW TV has signed me up anyway..... Can they legally do that?"

Personally, I did not know that they could but the fact Now TV has applied a free months pass to your account, in itself, is not a bad thing, as long as they tell you about it so that you can cancel the pass so that it does not auto-renew.

However, where the behaviour could be considered fraudulent is if they do the following:-

1) Give you a free pass but not tell you about it so that when it auto-renews you are charged.

2) Give you a pass, without telling you, and charge you for it.

There are dodgy practices that some companies have used in the past, e.g. charging for goods or services that have not been requested or signed up for, but in this instance Now TV have been up front with you and given you the choice of keeping or ditching this unexpected offer.

Finally, I believe that if Now TV ever adopts dodgier policies, such as those used in the past by other industries, then it will be time to leave.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

LOL no - it is NOT ok to give someone a free pass against their will and knowledge and then charge them if they don't cancel. And lets be clear - the message they posted does not indicate that this is a 'free pass' - it is the pass they paid for when they bought their box. They can give people free passes all they want, but surely they cannot take money afterwards when the person didn't ask for a pass to be activated in the first place! What if everywhere you bought something from did this? You would forever be having to check your email to see if a company is trying to catch you off guard. This is disgraceful. 

I would be furious if they did this to me and I didn't realise, i'd be demanding refunds and taking it further if I didn't get one. If I bought a box that came with a code that should be mine to apply whenever I choose - not for Now TV to decide! Maybe I was holding off to apply my voucher to watch something specific that isn't available yet?

huxley123
Scholar 2

What happened was I bought a black box to replace the white one that had become unusable.

I was recommended to do this on this forum when I described the problems I was having with the white box.

I just wanted to continue to use it like my old box, and wasn't interested in the 'free' pass that came with it.

I was quite surprised to get an email today informing me that a pass had been activated on my account and I would be charged if I didn't cancel it at the end of the trial period.

My first thought was that my account had been hacked.

I've cancelled the pass anyway, in case I forget nearer the time.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @huxley123

You Know SOB

I think you have a few of points taken out of context which I hope to put back into their proper perspective.

First, I did not say it was OK to give anyone a few pass "against their will", I find that saying is somewhat over emphasizing what was done, however it may be seen at most as morally grey.

You also went on to say, "...the message they posted does not indicate that this is a 'free pass' - it is the pass they paid for when they bought their box".  Well, the free pass in the box has a secret voucher number and there is nothing stopping Hukley from using that number at anytime in the future. So unless told otherwise, Hukley has been given a free months pass and he still has his boxed pass that he can use whenever.

Again you said, "....forever be having to check your email to see if a company is trying to catch you off guard". I don't see this as a big deal, after all you get letters every day that demand your attention and, like most, you get daily emails which, again, you have to read, where's the problem?

SOB, I believe that for whatever reason you are making a mountain out of an easily solvable mole hill of a problem.

Hi Hukley

You said, " I just wanted to continue to use it like my old box, and wasn't interested in the 'free' pass that came with it.....I've cancelled the pass anyway, in case I forget nearer the time".

Job done, problem solved.

UK Bob