cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Guys, some information on the New price increase calm the nerves a bit on this.. 

• Whenever we review our pricing we work hard to keep any changes to a minimum. This is the first increase to the Entertainment Pass since October 2014. We believe £7.99 to stream 11 of the latest and best Pay TV channels as well as watch over 250 Box Sets remains great value for money.
  • The price change is only impacting the Entertainment Month Pass. No changes are being made to any other NOW TV Passes
  • We continue to make ongoing investment in our on screen line up; you can enjoy new seasons from some of the biggest shows from the US such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ballers, Westworld and brand new The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal. As well as more new Sky Original Productions such as Riviera with Julia Stiles and Tin Star with Tim Roth and British comedy and entertainment, including brand new A League Of Their Own and Bounty Hunters with Jack Whitehall.
    • NOW TV has over 8,000 individual episodes, including 250 box sets to binge on, with new titles added weekly
    • Since the last price change we’ve added VICELAND and the Nat Geo WILD
    • Since February have added an additional 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We continue to improve our service with new features and updates; we’ve added ‘Watchlists’ giving you the ability to save your favourite shows in one place, making them easy to find
    • You can pick up a show where they left off through the ‘Continue Watching’ feature
    • We’ve introduced personalised recommendations, helping you find something new to watch quickly and easily
    • NOW TV is available on over 60 devices and we continue to increase the number. Recently we added Apple TV, Samsung and LG Smart TVs. A full list of devices can be found on the NOW TV help site.

• We want to continue to bring you brand new shows with big-name actors, like Guerilla with Freida Pinto and Big Little Lies with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Not forgetting factual shows: since February, we've added over 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We’ve got new seasons of returning favourites including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ray Donovan and A League of Their Own: Roadtrip.
    • Plus brand new shows like Riviera with Julia Stiles, Tin Star with Tim Roth, Legion from Marvel and The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
    • There's over 250 box sets to binge on, and we’re adding new titles each week including Curb your Enthusiasm, Billions, The Night Of and Westworld.

Hope this sheds a bit of light on the out look as to why we have done this 🙂 everything we do is all for our customers needs : )

Thanks The Nowtv Team 

@Anonymous User You won't calm people's nerves just repeating the same over and over... the bottom line is that since October 2014 the NowTv entertainment package has become 14% more expensive (a way above inflation) and has got reduced content (since you stripped the whole Kids content). I'm sure you believe it's still good value for money, but it's not your money you are talking about... hope this sheds a bit of light why people dislike the price increase so much.

In any case, I'll take your word on your last sentence "everything we do is all for our customers needs"... what I really need you to do is to stop forcing on me those annoying advertisements at the shows' start, the ones that I can only dismiss after several annoying seconds. If "everything we do is all for our customers needs" then all those ads would be gone before next time I use NowTv: is this going to happen or it's just empty words?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Guys, some information on the New price increase calm the nerves a bit on this.. 

•  Whenever we review our pricing we work hard to keep any changes to a minimum. This is the first increase to the Entertainment Pass since October 2014. We believe £7.99 to stream 11 of the latest and best Pay TV channels as well as watch over 250 Box Sets remains great value for money.
  • The price change is only impacting the Entertainment Month Pass. No changes are being made to any other NOW TV Passes
  • We continue to make ongoing investment in our on screen line up; you can enjoy new seasons from some of the biggest shows from the US such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ballers, Westworld and brand new The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal. As well as more new Sky Original Productions such as Riviera with Julia Stiles and Tin Star with Tim Roth and British comedy and entertainment, including brand new A League Of Their Own and Bounty Hunters with Jack Whitehall.
    • NOW TV has over 8,000 individual episodes, including 250 box sets to binge on, with new titles added weekly
    • Since the last price change we’ve added VICELAND and the Nat Geo WILD
    • Since February have added an additional 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We continue to improve our service with new features and updates; we’ve added ‘Watchlists’ giving you the ability to save your favourite shows in one place, making them easy to find
    • You can pick up a show where they left off through the ‘Continue Watching’ feature
    • We’ve introduced personalised recommendations, helping you find something new to watch quickly and easily
    • NOW TV is available on over 60 devices and we continue to increase the number. Recently we added Apple TV, Samsung and LG Smart TVs. A full list of devices can be found on the NOW TV help site.

• We want to continue to bring you brand new shows with big-name actors, like Guerilla with Freida Pinto and Big Little Lies with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Not forgetting factual shows: since February, we've added over 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We’ve got new seasons of returning favourites including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ray Donovan and A League of Their Own: Roadtrip.
    • Plus brand new shows like Riviera with Julia Stiles, Tin Star with Tim Roth, Legion from Marvel and The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
    • There's over 250 box sets to binge on, and we’re adding new titles each week including Curb your Enthusiasm, Billions, The Night Of and Westworld.

Hope this sheds a bit of light on the out look as to why we have done this 🙂 everything we do is all for our customers needs : )

Thanks The Nowtv Team 

@Anonymous User The Walking Dead isn't on.  Not even on FOX live. And hasn't been for a while.  So right now I can't enjoy it.  And haven't been able to since it was removed with zero notice. Westworld is only available on live channels at present.

Compared to what Sky charge (£38/month), £8/month is pretty good value for box set access, however compared to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video both at £6/month with comparable programming (maybe more) plus movies it is poor value and it would be third choice for me at the advertised price.  

I understand why the price rise was done, but I would be unlikely to get it at £8/month unless I was to binge watch the latest season of Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead in a 30 day period.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to be having a problem with my Now TV box. Oops sorry no problem, its  just with the 14% increase in the entertainment pass, I have found that the box doesnt receive a very good signal when disconnected from the TV and dumped in the rubbish bin.

In other words NO WAY...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Similar to the email I received which described the increase as an "important change".... with "lots of good stuff coming my way"..... well a near 15 percent increase is a very significant increase and has nothing to do with "nerves" ... and it certainly isnt "good". Sky dont seem to understand the competitive nature of media streaming... there is plenty of choice out there. To be honest I think Sky are signicantly mis-reading the media market at the moment.... this is 2017 and not 1997 and not all the public wish to cross subsidise the billions spent on Premiership football etc. People will pick and choose depending on offers... and not make a long term commitment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just set up new box today .in box says 3 month entertainment trail but once i put voucher its says August 15 renew time how come and where should contact ? Very confuge anyone reply me thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you checking the duration of your voucher code from a app on your nowtv device ?

I would double check the duration of your voucher by going to the NowTV website with your internet browser and click on My Account > My Passes.

Once in My Passes, if the 3 month offer is not shown and the "apply voucher button" is still there, then maybe try applying your voucher code again to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its says renue dat 29 jully how come ?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you applied the 3 month voucher scratch card code that comes with the box by going to My Account > My Passes?

Or have you set up two nowtv username accounts by mistake ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes i ddid
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your best bet is to contact nowtv live chat on the link below, they will be able to look at your account on their computer screen and should be able to assist you further.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/entertainment-month-pass